You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Jacobs to be franchised
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomsDayD75

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense, I wouldn't let Jacobs go anywhere near free agency. Gigantic running backs that can move like that do not come along often.
gmen8072

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFCNORTHBEAR wrote:
IMO Jacobs over Ward isn't the better choice. I think Ward & Bradshaw would be the better 2 of the group honestly & this could come back to haunt the Giants. But unless I'm mis-informed, just because they tagged Jacobs doesn't necessarily mean they'll keep him. They could still work out a deal with Ward & trade Jacobs. Doesn't seem likely but it could happen.

How do you figure?

eaglezphan21 made the sig
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmen8072 wrote:
NFCNORTHBEAR wrote:
IMO Jacobs over Ward isn't the better choice. I think Ward & Bradshaw would be the better 2 of the group honestly & this could come back to haunt the Giants. But unless I'm mis-informed, just because they tagged Jacobs doesn't necessarily mean they'll keep him. They could still work out a deal with Ward & trade Jacobs. Doesn't seem likely but it could happen.

How do you figure?

I don't agree with that either. Ward is good, but his style is a dime a dozen. Jacobs, on the other hand, is a rare RB at 6'4" 265 pounds. The league has only seen a few RBs like Jacobs. Ward is also two years older than Jacobs.

Ahmad Bradshaw and Danny Ware shouldn't have much trouble picking up Derrick Ward's duties.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
MaineEvent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
gmen8072 wrote:
NFCNORTHBEAR wrote:

How do you figure?

I don't agree with that either. Ward is good, but his style is a dime a dozen. Jacobs, on the other hand, is a rare RB at 6'4" 265 pounds. The league has only seen a few RBs like Jacobs. Ward is also two years older than Jacobs.

Ahmad Bradshaw and Danny Ware shouldn't have much trouble picking up Derrick Ward's duties.

Ware is also very similar to Ward size wise and running-style wise. ive said this many time in the giants forum but now ill say it now so everybody can realize; Ware is listed as 1 inch taller and 6 pounds heavier as Ward and they both have VERY similar running styles.

Cowboys fan;[quote="MightyMouse07"]Ramses will be the best WR in this draft. There are no doubts about that from me.[/quote]
colm_bri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This also gives the Giants extra time to work out a longer term contract, which i think they will do. Ive have no problem with them giving him a 4 year deal. Can always cut him the final year of the deal when his cost will out weigh his production.

^^QuinneyluvsNFL^^
gmen8072

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
gmen8072 wrote:
NFCNORTHBEAR wrote:

How do you figure?

Yep. Plus I think the combo of Jacobs/Bradshaw is better than Ward/Bradshaw. Ward cant wear down a defense like Jacobs can and when their tired, Bradshaw/Ware can just run all over everyone. Its a rare weapon to have.

eaglezphan21 made the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: