Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First and Second Pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernie Mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: First and Second Pick Reply with quote

There is a lot of debate whether or not da Bears should take a Rb or WR in the first. I wanna know what you guys think position wise what the bears should drafts in the first/second round? Going RB in the 1st and WR in the second, or vice versa? Or possibly another route?

My feelings are the bears should take a RB in the first. Benson or Brown. I hope brown but benson is a good pick aswell. Another good idea is to trade down to the teens and select Heath Miller out of Virginia to give the bears a solid TE. They should pick up another pick in the second by doing this. In the second im only thinking Chris Henry who would be a first rounder if his attitude was better. At 6'5 he is huge and would give the bears a solid #2 reciever.
RexGrossman8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we take brown if hes available if not grab a receiver (williams or edwards) or even DJ. I do not think benson would be a great fit for our team and id personally rather have any of the 4 guys above.
GoLions17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we either take mike or ronnie brown. if niether of them are there we trade down. trading with san diego for their #1s would be nice
CanadianBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, Gage has lots of potential.
Berrian has the speed to be a good number 3.
The Moose is, The Moose.

So if we can't get Edwards/Williams, then look to browm. If we can't have R.Brown to be our RB, then get DJ.

Remember, BPA is important guys.
Trading down would be just one more move in a legacy of horrible mistakes. ('Drops' Terrel, A'Trolly' Thomas.)

And as for the whole... Edwards used to be a wolverine.... SO?
As were, Tom Brady, Dhani Jones and Charles Woodson, just to name a few.

And knowing our luck, if we passed on Edwards, he'd end up as a stud.
delakev

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is the move: Brown or Williams, or trade down. I love DJ, I think he will be a stud, but with our D-Line coming together for another year, hopefully a shorn up DB-field w/ Mike Brown back, Peanut, Vasher and Azumah as your Starters and Nickleback (take your pick on who is who) and possible RW to FS. I do not see that LB as a glaring hole. As far as the defense is concerned, yes it is the only question mark, but as far as the team I think we have to pass on DJ for an offensive weapon. I really think we have to take Williams, he and Braylon are rated close, then the 3rd reciever is a late 1st round pick at best. The RB class is so deep however that I think we can find a good back as late as round 3. I like JJ Arington, Ciatrick Fason in the 2nd, or maybe Frank Gore in the 3-4th. It is not that I see Williams as significantly better than Brown, I just see more value in the RB class.

Thanks so much Scar!!
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to trade down to complete some holes in the offense, becaue the big gamebreakers should be gone in the top 8 picks, so the rest of the pack would be littered with good very good players. But I think that the Bears won't find too many trading partners that would match. I'll show my picks for no trades or if they trade down with san diego(i don't think dallas would trade up seeing as they shored up their defense with the signings today.)

No Trades:
(1)WR Mike Williams-A great playmaker who only lacks pure speed. Great hands, great route-running, awesome athletic ability and agility, Huge for a receiver with a great wingspan, and has great body control. Would just punish other corners in the nfl once the rust kicks off. A Bigger T.O. in three years max.

(2)RB Ciatrick Fason-Has an exciting set of tools: Big back at 6'2" 200, great speed, very good receiver, has some power to break tackles and can kick it to the outside. Similar to Ronnie Brown's skills, but a step lower and with less aggressiveness. needs more polish in his game, but his potential is similar to Brown's if he gets more experience. A little soft, but TJ could help him out with that. Might be gone by this pick, if so, they would choos Vernand Morency, more power back, less speed, with similar skills.

With Trades:

(1)12-Troy Williamson-Very fast, Tall and big receiver with great hands, and explosive. Don't know if he's available at 28, so make sure with this pick.

(1)28-TE Heath Miller-Hope and Pray he falls this far. Great all-around player. Good hands, blocker, runner. Similar to itula mili of the seahawks.

2nd round pick remains Fason or Morency.
Pdogg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really starting to lean toward DJ with the first pick.He is a beast and he could be the key to a dominating Defense.In the second roud the Fason kid from Florida watched him play quite a bit a first round talent to me.I believe we can find a solid veteran to come in and be a #2 reciever,with Moose and Berrian we should be set. Plus i am sick of Brett Farve coming into Soldier field and hitting us for 30 that has to stop.I know that is not the subject but i hate the damm Packers.
duh bears!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to think about....Lovie said he wants a "dominating defense".

I'm not sure they won't wait and see how Gage and Berrian pan out before drafting another WR.
snap355

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It dominates right now if the offense can help the D out a little like put up points or hog the clock sometimes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: