Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Team needs...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollywood14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: New Team needs... Reply with quote

This is mine:

1. WR: Patten and Brown are gone and maybe Givens too
2. OG: Andruzzi is gone
3. LB: Youth is needed but I hope we land Ed Hartwell
4. CB: Depth

Jgoldiscool on the sig
RD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR has definitely crept near the top. I think Givens is definitely around, unless somehow we get a player like Coles or Burress. Even still, we need someone to count on at #2, as Im not sold on Bethel.

I dont consider OG a prime need. The Pats have Hochstein and Neal back, are high on Mruckowski, and Gorin could play some guard. Sure, we need another body or two, but we dont need a headliner. I wouldnt mind Elton Brown or David Baas, but I dont think its a position we'll place high priority on either.

CB - Id still like another talent. I like Starks, and GAy and Samuel played well. But, Starks is not a long term answer, and Im not sold on both Gay and Samuel long term. Id like a guy early that has the talent to be a top corner in the league.

ILB is a definite need. Even before Tedy's uncertainty, we needed help. It's a major hole right now IMO.

#1 ILB
#2 WR

After those two, I dont think anyting is pressing, though I would like to add another corner on day 1, and some more talent on the OL.
hollywood14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD: I really like Reggie Brown, and do you think the Pats will go after Brown at the end of round 1? I think they should for what I know he sounds like a good guy and is a amazing WR. Also RD if we get Ed Hartwell do you think WR is definatly the biggest need and since we wouldn't have many other needs we should trade up for Troy Williamson?

Jgoldiscool on the sig
RD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Brown is worth a first rounder. If he were there in the second, or we moved around tog et him in the second, I would like the acquisition.

With Williams, Edwards, Clayton, and Williamson set in the first round, and IMO guys like Roddy white and Jerome Mathis also going to go ahead of Brown, I dont think he presents great value in the first. I think he could be there with our second rounder, but he may come off a bit earlier. But I wouldnt take him in the first, I dont think he's quite that good.

If we signed Hartwell, I would then think WR And CB should be our first round pick. WR would be the bigger need than a CB, but in terms of value, we may not get that at WR. IMO, only the first 4 guys should go in the first. Mathis, White, GIbson, Brown, Parrish, etc arent worth first rounders IMO. So unless one of those first 4 are available, I really wouldnt want to go WR in the first round.

But I would move WR up to the most pressing need on the team if we did sign Hartwell. After reading his demands of a 6mill average and a 10mill bonus though, I dont think he ends up a Patriot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: