Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Plaxico

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boltfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Plaxico Reply with quote

Last night I was listening to ESPN 800 on my way to work, Sean Salisbury was interviewing David Terrell, and for some reason they mentioned Burress going "somewhere hot and sunny, with a good RB and a good TE". I didnt know why Terrell was saying this, but now this morning I hear that that is a direct quote from Burress.
Its obvious he's talking about the Chargers, I think that would be a good pick up if he's not asking to much.
If we got him we could focus on Defense in the 1st round, Carlos Rogers, Marcus Spears,or Shawne Merriman with the #12 pick, after that go best available player at positions of need. FS, DE, OL, CB, LB(add depth), .

I know we dont need a DB with our top pick, but I think Rogers is gonna be the best CB in the league some day.
peched101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing Burress would be a great pichup. I doubt it'll happen though. If it is the case, the Chargers could concetrate on drafting some key positions with their top three picks: DE, FS, OT or LB. I would prefer a DE, but then I think of Dave Ball. At 6-5 and a few extra pounds of muscle this offseason, he might be the pass rusher we need on the d-line. We all know he was a good pass rusher, but he was also a very good run stopper. He is second in UCLA history with 43.5 tackles for loss. Just a thought, what do think?
superchargers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plaxico could really flourish in the chargers offense. with impact players at TE and RB and a solid group of #2 and #3 receivers, plaxico could become a huge addition. imagine a pro bowl caliber player at every offensive skill position..who else has that? I say pick up burress and rossum in FA then draft spears/cody/merriman at #12 and brodney pool at #28 and just watch what this team does. Anyone care to disagree?
LittleTrainJames

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with the Pool pick. That is too high for him. Plus we just picked up Jue. Jue will battle Milligan for the starting FS position. We can then focus on getting the OT Barnes at 28.
raiderhater619

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plaxico Burress could definetly be the deep threat that we need, I say for thr right price bring him in, but I wouldn't pay too much for the guy, I still think that defense wins championships, so we have got to be smart with our money.
ferochis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on we have tons of money right now. and now that we picked up jue, why not add a couple more free agents. I say get plax and Ian gold in FA. After that we will still have enough money to sign our rookies. I say that because of the addition of Moss by Oakland, draft someone who can keep up with him. Get Pac man Jones with #12, he will most likely be there. He will be a stud. And at #28 get someone like Pollack or jammal brown if they are there, if not get someone like justin tuck or matt roth.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who has a pro bowl caliber player at each position? the colts. I don't think plax is our type of player. Unless im mistaken i think plax has a rep for being an a-hole.
superchargers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok, I'm off of the poole trip now that we got jue. i was also unaware that plax has character issues, but maybe that was because he was a #1 receiver trapped in pit as a #2...

anyways, I would love to trade up to get mike williams, braylon edwards, or derrick johnson. if we stay at #12 and #28 i think we should get spears, rolle, or merriman at #12. with #28 s. cody, K. barnes, or mark clayton.

i also think we should definitely pick up rossum, the nfls fastest man.

p.s. isn't tight end an offensive skill position charger-man? i don't think the colts can match us there. go bolts.
peched101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think Pool at #28 is a good draft choice. Most draft boards have him as a late first to early second. The Chargers need a quality FS, not patch work. Jue is a good pickup, but he's never played the FS position. He was a SS with the Packers. You never know, I could be wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: