You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

**My best mock yet**

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: **My best mock yet** Reply with quote

1- Mario Williams DE North Carolina State
Summary- The next Julius Peppers? Thats what it seems like, he is a physical freak at 6'7 290 4.6 forty(estimated) and in college was on the QB almost every other play it seemed. He has the right tools to come in and play imediatly. With the emergence of Kampman at DE and the pass rushing ability of KGB DE is not the biggest need ,but with Kampman being a FA and KGB's numbers going down you always need a number of DE's to rotate. Just think on 3rd and long how much time a QB will have with KGB and Super Mario coming off the ends. You cant pass on this talent.

*Trade down in the 2nd and aquire a 3rd and 5th rounder*

2- Roger McIntosh SLB Miami (FL)
Summay- Outstand playmaker and was probly the best player on that great Miami defence last year. Solid tackler and was one of the highest recruited players coming out of HS but never showed his maximum talent yet at Miami and will have the chance to do it in Green Bay. I cant go another year seeing Lenon,Mannning and Poppigina even though they still are projects.

3a- Davin Joseph OG Oklahoma
Summary- I don't have to tell you how much Rivera and Whale leaving hurt our team. Joseph gives us a massive Gaurd to plow the way for what ever RB is in the backfield. Should be a instant starter.

3b- Brian Calhoun RB Wisconsin
Summary- Small, but extremly fast RB who is probly in the 4.3 range and was a sprinting champion. Huge game vs. Auburn burning up for 200+ vs. one of the SEC best defences. Even if Green and Davenport are re-signed Calhoun could turn into a extrlemly effective 3rd down back and even go to KR or PR

4- Darrell Hunter CB Miami(OH)
Summary- Small school sleeper with great size and speed(6'1 4.42) defintley a project but wasnt Nick Collins spoused to be one too???

5- A.J. Nicholson WLB Florida St.
Summary- Alot of baggage which will make him fall in the draft but is still a great talent and the Pack need alot of help at LB[/b]
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAWN ...
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yawn?
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Mcintosh in the 2nd.
LeRoy36

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haus wants GB to trade down. I just want to know who Haus wants if Gb trades down.

But your draft isnt bad. I maybe would like a better linebacker in the 2 like a Hodge, Howard, Jackson, etc.
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking Howard in the second but I think he is too raw and I saw Mcintosh play at Miami and belive me he can play yes he might be a reach but all the great LB's that come out of Miami D.J. Williams, Vilma and he is the class for this year
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy36 wrote:
Haus wants GB to trade down. I just want to know who Haus wants if Gb trades down.

Actually, Haus wants you mugs to post new and fresh ideas, not these stale mocks.

Also, Haus doesn't care who we draft if we trade down because Haus is smart enough, and has seen enough drafts, to know more early picks are better than one high pick, especially when you've got the talent level of a 4-12 team to rebuild.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow we don't even address the safety position I am with everyone else he with the (Yawn) but I will further explain.

Mario Williams he is a player who can dominate a weak offensive tackle but when he goes up against a good one he will make maybe four plays the whole game. Not a great player at all he is just a big waste of a player IMO and has BUST written all over this pick.

Roger McIntosh is a good player but is he worth a second round pick and the answer is no. He will be there long into the third round and the second is where you should address the Safety pick or a better LB.

Davin Joseph nothing wrong with this pick he is a very good guard.

Brian Calhoun not a favorite back but he seems to have some skill another good pick.

Derrell Hunter a waste of a pick here we really do not need another young corner who is a project like Hunter is. Hunter was murdered in college and I see nothing good for him unless drafted by a cover 2 team. Again we need a safety not corner.

AJ Nicholson there is no way this guy drops all the way to the fifth round even though he has had some off the field trouble he has to much talent to not go third to fourth round.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes it stale??? If GB picks at 5th there are only a couple of player worth that pick. Hawk, Mario, maybe DeAngelo.

Before calling us mugs tell us what is soooo stale about the mocks. Because Mario and Hawk are the normal picks???

If your not going to say why its stale or is a yawn fest than dont post. If you dont like Mario or Hawk or anyone they are picking then open our eyes to some guys, seeing how we are picking the same stale guys over and over again.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read Above post. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy36 wrote:

Before calling us mugs tell us what is soooo stale about the mocks. Because Mario and Hawk are the normal picks???

Don't take it the wrong way - feel free to post these mocks until yer all blue in the face, or other unmentionables.

All I am trying to get across, albeit unsuccessfully, is why waste all this energy when we don't have the slightest clue about most of the players we're talking about?

One improvement that would make me want to read more posts is to specify "positions" over "players", so to speak. Then, once positions are agreed upon, I'd like to see all the players grouped into varioius categories from speed to God-knows-what.

Look, all you dudes just regurgitate what I can get from 5 minutes of John Clayton or Mort in the morning. I'd like to see us get more educated about the players and the types of football each plays.

Capeesh?
Bruise

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda sucks. If we got a LB in the 2nd, let alone MCINTOSH, it wouldn't work. Plus Hunter is not a good pick to be the only 2ndary guy taken. Calhoun will be second or not at all. Yawn sums it up.
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
No way Mcintosh in the 2nd.

No way. McIntosh is weak and no way he even plays SLB!
I'd rather have thomas or Bobby Carpenter.

P.S. IF THIS IS YOUR BEST MOCK YET, YOU GOT SOME WORK CUT OUT.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: