You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2006 Mock draft and Offseason Moves

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Hows My Off-season
A
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
B
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
lower
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: 2006 Mock draft and Offseason Moves Reply with quote

Here is my Packers mock draft and offseason...please criticize(KEEP IN MINE THIS IS IF FAVRE RETIRES)

-----also you may have seen this before but I update it weekly-----

UnResticted Free Agents-
---Resign---

-Longwell--Will have a productive season if the offense gets going.
-Nall--Career back-up knows the system and is good insurance.
-Davenport--Good power back that is a good 2nd option.
-Lenon--Key role player, who is a good substitue.
-Davis--Great longsnapper whose ability never worsens with age.
-Ruegamer--Good backup whose can fill in at any time.
-Barry--Good blocker; just needs to learn hes a number 2 man.
-Kampman--Has good potential and his a complete DE.
-Gardner--Showed some skill of his past in the games he played with Green Bay
-Jackson--Huge run Stuffer out to prove hes not done yet.

---Cut/Release---

-Green--Healthy or not, he tailed off big time from '03 and even bigger from '04.
-Henderson--We should sign, but all signs point to retirement.
-Fisher--Lost his job to Gado and Herron...Wow
-Flanagan--Reliable but is losing ground to younger O-Line.

Restricted Free Agents-
---Resign---

-Chatman--OK Returner, but was a good number 2 last year.

---Cut/Release---

-Franz--Why did we ever sign him???
-Peterson--Former 6th rounder doesn't even play like it. That's not saying much.

Exclusive Rights Free Agents-
---Resign---

-Horton--Not bad CB, but good Special Teamer.
-Jenkins--Consistent, and deserves one more year
-Cole--Came out of nowhere and had a good season, look for him to only get better.

---Cut/Release---

-Thurman--Maybe keep him as a Practice-Squader

---Free Agent Pickups---

1st.) Will Witherspoon/OLB had a Productive and great year...some says hes a one-hit-wonder becasue he tailed off at the end of the season. Witherspoon is a must to improve the defense. He has Speed, agility, and good ball skills. has some tackling issues but showed signs of progressing in that area...i dont think the Panthers will match the offer teams will make, so look for him to be an immediate impact player in this young line-backing group. 2nd option would be: Akin Aydole. He is underrated and could improve the defense from day one because of his get it done attitude and leadership skills.

2nd.) LeCharles Bentley/C- I think Wells will stay at guard next year. Some might think Bentley is a reach and might not be available, but with his past with McCarthy and the fact that he wont be competing for this spot, would be a major upgrade...another option whould be Stephen Neal/G...he underated but would only be helpful for a year or two hes 30+.

3rd.) Billy Volek/QB-basically I say to pick him up ibecause hes some inusrance for Rodgers if Favre is gone. He brings veteran coaching and leadership to Rodgers.

---Trades---

1st.) Trade our 5th overall, 3rd rounder and Diggs to Arizona for their 10th overall, 2nd round pick and their 3rd round pick.

2nd.) Trade Ferguson to the Patriots for there 4th rounder, you might think itís a stretch but some still believe hes got good potential.

---Cut---Martin, Corey Williams, White, and Washington

---Picks---
---Rounds: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd(Comp), 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th.

---Draft---

1st.(From Arizona)-DeAngelo Williams-RB/Memphis-with Favre maybe gone, we need to take the pressure off of Rodgers, with a good running game. Williams will bring this to the Pack. Some question his size, but many runningbacks produce a steady running game that are small(Dunn, Martin, and Tomlinson). He will be a "2006 Cadillac" , other than the injuries. Also if Favre Is gone, we should give Rodgers something to work with.

2nd.) Manny Lawson-DE/N.C. State-might lack size, but is a good complete defensive end, he is also a good option for OLB. could be a productive DE in a year or two. Has Good height but lacks size. Was somewhat overshadowed by Mario Williams, but was a good Rusher and was able to stop the run. He needs to gain size or work on his skill at Linebacker.

2nd.(From Arizona) Ernie Sims-OLB/Florida St,.-Outstanding linebacker, played well this past season. He could make an immediate impact for the Packers. He is a playmaker with speed at the vision that could make him a future pro-bowler. Makes a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage and doesnít have a problem getting to the QB. Good run stopping LB. could help out tremendously and could be a great asset next to Barnett. Maybe Kai Parham here, hes also a quality impact player

3rd.)Comp)- Mark Setterstrom-OG/MIN-Some say he is not a complete guard, but TT cannot pass up a player with his size. He is going to get better, just needs to focus on the aspect of playing OL...he is average in size but has quick feet...a big time plus in the Pros. He might not last this far but I believe that he is the only player at this point with the quality the packers need. I donít think Lutui will be here but if he is then he is a must to pick up.

3rd.(From Arizona))- Dwayne Slay-S/Texas A&M-Showed a lot of potential to be a good Safety at the next level. Is average in size and can put a pop into his tackles. Can be a Safety, Corner, and Line-Backer all at one time. Has no problem reading passes but has some issues in covering the middle of the field. Could be a steal in the third. Has good speed and agility and I see him having no problem giving Roman a run for his money.

4th.)Maurice Stovall-WR/NtrDme-Showed a lot of potential at WR. Worked well in communicating with the QB. He will jump up and sacrifice his body for the ball. Has above average hands. I chose him here because of the issue with injuries last year he is definitely insurance for any future injuries and if Gardner, Walker, or Chatman donít produce.

4th.From New England) Kelly Jennings-CB/Miami-Lacks some size but is quick and reads the QB well. He had some problems with reading the run or PA Fake. He could be real potent at Nickel or Dime packages. I donít see him playing more than Special Teams, but he could Carrol a run for his money. Cedric Griffin from Texas(S) is also a good choice because of his size and huge upside.

5th.) I Chose Matt Bernstein-FB/Wisconsin here he is a force and a Henderson type of player. He blocks, runs, receives, and does basically everything a NFL FB should do...and then some. He is a sleep and could be a great Pickup. I think With Henderson Gone that he could be a great asset to the Running game.

6th.) Jeff King-TE/Virgina Tech-Very underrated TE. He didnít get much recognition for good plays and good skills. Wasnít a primary player because of Vick. But he has great potential and has good hands speed and size for a tight end. He's a quality player that could probably help this season if the Tight end woes continue like last season.

6th.) Montavious Stanley-DT/Louisville-A massive DT, who could be a great pick in the six round. Was projected to go in the 5th or 6th, but I feel that hes here because of no immediate ed of DT's in those rounds. He is a huge run stopper who can climb up the depth chart in a hurry. Can be a great DT in the future just need to not let off-field issues effect his game, but when they donít he is unstoppable. O yea, he also has a good motor and great stamina for his size.

---Projected Line-ups and depth for 2006---

-, --, --- = depth number on the draft.
* = Both fighting for position.
** =Not Sure of Return
QB- Brett Favre**-Aaron Rodgers, Volek, Nall
RB-Williams,*Gado,* Davenport
FB-Henderson**Bernstein, Leach
WR-Walker,* Driver, Gardner, Murphy, *Stovall, *Chatman
TE-Franks, Lee, King
LT-Clifton, Coston
LG-Wells, Klemm *Setterstrom
C-Bentley, Ruegamer
RG-Whittacker, *Klemm Setterstrom
RT-Tauscher, Barry

LE- Kampman, Lawson
DT-Cole, *Jenkins.
NT-Jackson, Stanley
RE-K.G.B., Montgomery
LOLB-Sims* Lenon*Lawson
MLB-Barnett, Manning
ROLB-Witherspoon, Thomas, Poppinga
CB-Harris, Carroll,* Jennings, *Hawkins, Horton
SS-Collins, Underwood
FS-Roman, *Slay

K-Longwell
P-Ryan(Canadian) *Sander
KR-Stovall, *Murphy, Davenport
PR-Chatman

Special Teams standout- Poppinga and Horton

Email me: birdman_08@hotmail.com
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the 2nd round picks. Why not take Carpenter- he's bigger in weight, only 2 inches shorter and just as fast.

YOU MADE 2 HUGE MISTAKES:
1.WHY WOULD WE DRAFT A DE IN THE 2ND TO BE A BACK-UP. IF YOU WANT TO SWTICH OFF DEs, THEN TAKE PARYS HARALSON IN THE 4TH ROUND.
2.YOU HAVE US SIGNING WITHERSPOON AND DRAFTING SIMS, SO WHO'S GOING TO PLAY SLB? WITHERSPOON IS ONLY ABOUT 238 POUNDS AND HE WOULD BE GREAT IN THE WLB, BUT SO WOULD SIMS.

P.S. I SAID THIS LAST TIME: KENNY PETERSON WAS A 3RD ROUND PICK.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
Carch_Packers28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its really good.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O dint know bout peterson...but i felt that carpenter would be gone before then and the KGB and Kampman would improve more, also Sims plays WEak and Witherspoon plays strong. but yea thanks for the input
Dayton_Packer_Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this look????????

UnResticted Free Agents-
---Resign---

-Kampman--Will require a Transition TAG
-Gardner--I hope the Packers can sign him
-Jackson--Try to sign, injury risk
-Lenon--Key role player, who is a good backup
-Barry--Sign as a backup if possible
-Ruegamer--Long Snapper

---Let test the free agent market---

-Green
-Henderson
-Fisher
-Flanagan
-Longwell
-Nall
-Davenport
-Davis

Restricted Free Agents-
---Resign---

-Chatman--OK Returner
-Peterson--One more chance

---Cut/Release---

-Franz

Exclusive Rights Free Agents-
---Resign---

-Jenkins--Consistent
-Cole--Came out of nowhere
-Thurman--Maybe keep him as a Practice-Squader

---Cut/Release---

-Horton

---Possible Free Agent Pickups---

1st.) WR - Joe Jurevicius, Antwaan Randle El, Josh Reed, Quincy Morgan
2nd.) Backup RB & QB

---Trades---

1st.) Trade down if possible - Many holes to fill

Ferguson has no trade value
Diggs has no trade value

---Cut---

Martin, Ferguson, & Diggs

---Picks---
---Rounds: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th(comp), 5th, 6th?.

---Projected Line-ups and depth for 2006---

FA = Free Agent
Rookie = Draft Pick & 1st or 2nd year player

QB-Favre, Rodgers, FA
RB-Gado, FA, Rookie
FB-Leach, Rookie
WR-Walker, Driver, Gardner, FA, Chatman
TE-Franks, Lee, Rookie
LT-Clifton, Rookie
LG-Klemm, Coston
C-Wells, White
RG-Whittacker, Rookie
RT-Tauscher, Barry

LE-Kampman, Petterson
DT-Jenkins, Williams
NT-Jackson, Cole, Washington
RE-K.G.B., Montgomery
LOLB-Rookie, Lenon
MLB-Barnett, Manning
ROLB-Poppinga, Rookie
CB-Harris, Carroll, Hawkins, Rookie
SS-Collins, Underwood
FS-Roman, Rookie

K-FA or Rookie
P-Ryan(Canadian)
KR-Rookie
PR-Chatman
LS-Ruegamer
SterlingSharpe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we do not need to use our highest draft pick in 15 years on a RUNNING BACK.
didn't you guys notice #35 for us this season? this was with the terrible OL situation with the two leaks at the OG position.
this guy has fresh legs, and has heart. he has no criminal element. what about him do some of you not like?

is he unproven?
sure, to some extent he is. but he PLAYED against NFL competition last year. he won us the game at Atlanta single-handedly. sadly, he won the game against detroit too, which cost us some draft spots i think. the guy has a fumble issue, but not as bad as ahman green. ahman cost us some HUGE games 2-3 years ago when we were good. his fumbles against KC and Philly were gigantic.

we have BIG holes elsewhere. ride the SamKon, and bring back Ahman if he's healed. he won't get a huge deal anyway.

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like Williams and Lawson
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ponits but i thinl that the reason we take Williams is because Favre might not be back plus Gado still has aalot to prove yea he did well, but against banged up or poor teams, and when he played he wasnt always consistent
yea id love to see him be a great bcak and set records and win games for the pack, i do believe it can happen but i believe that if the pcak only have him and say davenport, then if hes gone with injuries(i.e. last year) then all u have is davenport so i say draft Williams and give Gado the start until williams is ready or porves himself better. but dont get me wrong i love SamKon
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way poppinga wont start

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: