You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Westbrook
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philly Irish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Playmakers"]
Philly Irish wrote:

Philly Irish What do you think about (With the low amount of times that we run I cant see a 3 back system in here working. And for that matter I cant see a 2 back system with Westbrook and Moats as your 1-2 punch working)

i think a 3 back sysytem would be effective, but i wouldnt expect the 3rd back to carry it over 8 plays a game

maybe if buckhalter is healthy he can become the 3rd back

our problem is finding a RB to complement westbrook and moats(preferebly bout 30lbs heavier than them) with recieving and blocking skills as well as running back skills for a small salary as doubtful we pay very much for a 3rd runnng back

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Philly Irish"

i think a 3 back sysytem would be effective, but i wouldnt expect the 3rd back to carry it over 8 plays a game

maybe if buckhalter is healthy he can become the 3rd back

our problem is finding a RB to complement westbrook and moats(preferebly bout 30lbs heavier than them) with recieving and blocking skills as well as running back skills for a small salary as doubtful we pay very much for a 3rd runnng back[/quote]

Yea they better not put any faith in Buckhalter its time to let him go hes to the point where he blows stuff out making cuts. The 3 or 2 back system will never work if Reid runs his offense like he did last year. The ratio of pass/run was ridiculous. 3 qbs threw for 620 attempts and all the hb on the team combined ran for 301. That is completlety ridiculous. What doesnt make sense was last year our offense was real good beacause of what TO brought and in the beginining of the year we had TO so why would he go nuts with the pass.

The offense playcalling has to seriously change before we can bring any running back in here that will contribute on the ground. And now with TO gone they better go back to the run because point blank McNabb is not a good enough QB to make this passing game work with what he has. McNabb is effective when players are put around him (which most Qbs are) but he isnt the type of QB that makes his WRs better like a MAnning, Palmer, or Even Hassleback. Hassleback puts up real solid numbers for having such a sub par group pf recievers.
Playmakers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEHAN WROTE
[I'm not sold that he can't run the ball effectively yet, though, because the middle of the line was slop for most of the last two years. And, the Birds FB play has sucked ever since Rithcie went down. How can WB or any other runner succeed with the DTs in the backfield as soon as they touch the ball? The o-line allowed way too much penetration over the past two years, and there was noone to pick up a guy who got into the backfield.]

The line definitly has been sloppy but it also has a lot to do with Westbrooks lack of vision. If a run should go up the middle and its taken outside the blockers are screwed cuz it alows the defenders of their blocks. And I have seen time after time that westbrook takes designed up the middle plays outside. He takes everything outside. When we had the 3 headed back it was succesfull cuz he would only come in once and a while and hit them outside but with him in full time defenses know what to do to stop him let him go outside and contain. That and westbrook needs perfect blocking to be an effective between the tackle runner cuz he has no break tackle ability whatsoever. Mix that with his lack of vision leading him out side Eagles need O line help Fb help and a true runner to compliment westbrooks outside running. If you have a back that pounds and pounds up the middle then a smaller quicker back comes in and goes outside its harder to contain cuz the defense has gotten in the pattern of adjusting to the pounding and cant adjust as quickly to the outside runs.
lnelms2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should use him to create more mismatches. I'd personally use him in the slot more, but I would never take him permanently out of the backfield.

Thanks Eagles_808

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: