You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49er's opinion of new coach

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blacktower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: 49er's opinion of new coach Reply with quote

Placed this question on the 49er forum

Question
I'm seldom in this forum so this question may have been discussed many times and I'm not aware of it.

What is the consensus of opinion on how the new Packer coach will do?

Well the talk about him hasn't really begun too much yet, I think it is really too early to tell, immediately at the signing people were pretty ticked off, he ran the worst offense in the league and then got a HC job, that's not usually how things go

Just one mans opinion
DaPack!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it doesn't help that he had the worst offense in the game last year but I don't think its fair to judge him off that. First they were starting two rookies on the O-line with some other average at best players. Secondly, they had little to no running game. Finally they used 4 different QBs. (Rattay-gave up on him and traded him, Dorsey-gutsy but a third stringer at best, Pickett-shouldn't be in the league, and Smith who was a rook trying to transition from a shotgun/spread offense in college to a west coast). Under those circumstances, I think it would be tough to impossible for anybody to make that look good.
planc33

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the legacy of a head coach begins with who they surround themselves with and in this aspect I think he has done pretty well. Sherman killed himself with his loyalty to Rossley.
DaPack!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats true. MM needs to prove himself and he is bringing in some of his old connections that also need to prove themselves. Hopefully he builds this staff as a group that works together with something to prove in this league.
planc33

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always hope. Look what Walter Matthau did with those kids. He really taught them how to play the game
blacktower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

planc33 wrote:
There is always hope. Look what Walter Matthau did with those kids. He really taught them how to play the game

Well I guess if we get off to a real slow start, we could call on Walter to come help....or is he dead?
hauschild

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

planc33 wrote:

Most excellent! I am laughing heartily!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: