You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert and Nail Diggs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Robert and Nail Diggs Reply with quote

I see people showing us trade Feurgeson and Diggs for a 6th or 5th round pick. Granted that this is rare on most mocks.
My point is: We traded Steve Morley for a 6th or 7th round pick to the Jets and if you think these 2 guy's value is just a little bit above that, call me crazy, but YOUR CRAZY!
I'd say both of them in a package are worth atleast a 3rd round pick. New England, I'm sure would be willing to do this, because of their lack of WR talent, Old-age at OLB, and their crazt amount of picks.
Just a thought, but just think about it. Might make sense.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
LeRoy36

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know why people want to trade them. Granted they arent starters but Diggs as a backup is still pretty good and i know Fergy didnt do will as a starter but that is because he isnt a stater. He is still pretty good as a 3rd WR or 4th.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeRoy36 wrote:
I dont know why people want to trade them. Granted they arent starters but Diggs as a backup is still pretty good and i know Fergy didnt do will as a starter but that is because he isnt a stater. He is still pretty good as a 3rd WR or 4th.

But aren't they both high-priced (salary-cap wise) to keep around as back-ups? I agree that they are both competent back-up players, but their salaries are not in-line with BU players salaries. These days, salary-cap considerations are often as important as a players ability. Sad, but true.
goombar2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Turdy? Granted I've heard people say that the Pack hasn't come out and said they weren't happt with Turdy but if they are we definately need new management. The guy is getting cut.

As far as Diggs, I agree with the last guy, he's good depth.

And just because the Pats have a lot f picks doesn't mean they're gonna just give picks away. They could use a little depth on defense themselves.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we didn't trade Morley we would have kept him on the roster, if everyone knows that we have no intention of keeping them due to cap reason there's no way anyone would give up more then a 5th for them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say with the depth at some key positions this year we trade them to the highest bidder from somewheres around a 3rd to 7th round. there injury proned and to pricy to keep around as backups.

call me crazy, but GET RID OF EM

Props to Darnik44 for the sig.
gregoreo22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about money...do we think they're worth the $ they'll be making next year? If not, they're gone. It's the bottom line. They're too expensive as backups.
coyote_5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this trade would be AWESOME!!!

YEAH!!!

I definitely think we should get a 1st round pick this year and maybe a #3 and #4 next year! Teams will be lining up around the block for these guys!! Who wouldn't want a receiver who is injury prone and a flat out bust(and a 1.4 mil cap figure), as well as a linebacker with a 2 mil cap figure who could be cut anyways!!

Fire TT, hire the dude who came up with this trade!!
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyote_5 wrote:
I think this trade would be AWESOME!!!

YEAH!!!

I definitely think we should get a 1st round pick this year and maybe a #3 and #4 next year! Teams will be lining up around the block for these guys!! Who wouldn't want a receiver who is injury prone and a flat out bust(and a 1.4 mil cap figure), as well as a linebacker with a 2 mil cap figure who could be cut anyways!!

Fire TT, hire the dude who came up with this trade!!

Applause MAN YOU HAD A GREAT ARGUEMENT.
Eh?

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
SterlingSharpe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No team in the NFL would trade anything higher than a 7th for Robert Ferguson. Period. We're dreaming here....sound like Viking fans almost. Teams don't need to add players to the IR lists.

Diggs would fetch a mid-round draft pick. But are we gonna get anyone in the 5th round better than he is? I'd say 90% no to that.

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey
msmre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it funny how perception and reality can differ so much?

Ferguson hurt his knee this year and got his face taken off making a huge catch last year against Jax. Other than that he has rarely missed a game in his career. Yet, we talk about him like he is always hurt.

He may not a good starting WR, but he is certainly not hurt all of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msmre wrote:
Isn't it funny how perception and reality can differ so much?

Ferguson hurt his knee this year and got his face taken off making a huge catch last year against Jax. Other than that he has rarely missed a game in his career. Yet, we talk about him like he is always hurt.

He may not a good starting WR, but he is certainly not hurt all of the time.

The guy who ripped his head off was Donavin Darius. That is who Dwayne Slay reminds me of. We could use that intimidation back there.

Now, Ferguson has also had his fair share of nagging injuries as well.
I like the guy. I think he's strong, but breaks down. Some guys just do. Anyway, I'm happy to keep him and just hope he stays healthy. We won't be trading him.
I just still am so pissed that the idiot Sherman had to go against the grain and draft Fergy ahead of local favorite Chris Chambers. Stupid idiot Sherman.

Hilarious Skit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNiFaENUow&search=monkey

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: