You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

first round pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitansKKH1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'Brick is the right choose for the Titans. He is an elite OL and will fit well into our team. He will protect McNair and thats all I care about.

With the Third pick of the 2006 NFL Draft the Tennessee Titans select D'Brick!!!
PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
but Jay Cutler is also a strong possibilty at the number 3 pick,very strong.

There is no way the Tennessee picks Cutler at #3. He doesn't warrant that high of a pick. I'm not saying that it isn't a possibility that they draft him, but they could trade down to acquire more picks and select him a bit further down than #3.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
PacAttack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius21Jones wrote:
if n.o. takes young then i think cutler definately can go over matt

Man, I can see that your pretty hyped up about Cutler...but maybe a little too hyped. In no way does Jay Cutler get drafted, or even deserve to be drafted, before Matt Leinart. Matt Leinart is a much better prospect than Cutler. Leinart is proven, Cutler only has the ability.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
titans will return

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pac, i know what you mean,but mine was if Matt Leinart was gone,I'd still take VY,but with more time because to take a look between the 2,but yes I am just saying it looks to be a very strong possibilty because of all the talk about him out of our organization
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
SHAVED_CHICKEN wrote:
...but the difference between an elite olineman and a good olineman is much smaller than the difference between an elite QB and a good QB

I would agree. But the problem lies in there is a 5% chance that D'Brick is not an elite OT. But history tells us there is a ... what, 50%? chance that Leinart is not an elite QB. I'm making up those statistics but my point is that the odds of an elite OT being a bust are much smaller than a QB.

I like the way you think.
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a good point.....but i still think that we could wait till the later rounds to build up a very solid oline

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAVED_CHICKEN wrote:
that is a good point.....but i still think that we could wait till the later rounds to build up a very solid oline

i agree.....in the 3rd round there could still be some great T left.....like Trueblood and maybe even if were lucky then we might be able to land Whitworth in the 3rd. So there are a lot of other possiblities at drafting a OL for our team then in the 3rd overall pick in the draft

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
SHAVED_CHICKEN wrote:

i agree.....in the 3rd round there could still be some great T left.....

Yeah..........its just too bad that we don't have a 3rd round pick! Rolling Eyes

ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack wrote:
TTitanFAN32 wrote:
SHAVED_CHICKEN wrote:

i agree.....in the 3rd round there could still be some great T left.....

Yeah..........its just too bad that we don't have a 3rd round pick! Rolling Eyes

I'm convinced we can get a 3rd round pick this year for Volek. His agent is Rosenhaus, the same guy who got us a 5th rounder for Carlos Hall last year (Hall and his 5.5 sacks total the last 2 years with the Titans). I see 4 teams that could possibly be aiming to get Cutler right now, the Jets, Raiders, Lions, and Dolphins. 3 of those teams won't end up with Cutler and no other QB after that is ready to come in and start right away. Volek didn't get much of a showcase this year, and the offense as a whole really sucked period, for Volek to have dropped much in the eyes of some GMs.
titans will return

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:

i agree.....in the 3rd round there could still be some great T left.....like Trueblood and maybe even if were lucky then we might be able to land Whitworth in the 3rd. So there are a lot of other possiblities at drafting a OL for our team then in the 3rd overall pick in the draft

mmm bolded by me,great in 3rd round=no.................maybe good,but not great, i mean no player in this draft in great yet,and very few reach that point
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we wait till the 3rd to pick up an olineman (if we get a 3rd that is) we can probably get whitworth but probably not trueblood.....he impressed alot of people at the senior bowl.....i think we should take him in the 2nd because we can still get a good linebacker in the 3rd (if we get one).....kai parham

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the second round i would like to get DQuell because i think he will be the best NFL player out of all of them....Parham is my second choice though

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spell check D'Qwell,and yes I think he might be the best MLB but 2 other OLB's come to mind when I think of best,A.J hawk and Chad Greenway
PacAttack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
spell check D'Qwell,and yes I think he might be the best MLB but 2 other OLB's come to mind when I think of best,A.J hawk and Chad Greenway

Can't rule out Bobby Carpenter either. He is another LB that will probably not make it out of the first round. I would love to see him still available when Tennessee 2nd pick comes around though which is highly unlikely.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: