You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Your Eagles Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mth5579

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: I can't believe some of these picks Reply with quote

I am not sure what team everyone has been watching the last couple of years but you need to remember how the Eagles run their team.
I am going to give you a break down of each position and if they need a draft pick and then show you my mock draft.

QB: McNabb/McMahon/NWould like to see them draft someone
RB: Westbrook/Moats/Perry/Gordon/Buck - No Way we draft a RB when we could have all these guys on the roster in camp if we want to. We need to run the ball more then 30 times for Reid to draft another RB.
FB: Parry/Tapeh - I am not sold on either of them but they might get better with experience. We need to run the ball to waste a draft pick on a FB that can block. (Don't we run more with a single set back)
WR: I think we are going to do a house cleaning in this department except for Brown, Lewis, Skinny. We will draft a player and a FA
OT: Tra Thomes has questions and Herremans could still use sometime learning. With Questions about TRA makes us Tag Runyan so we don't have to new tackles blocking for McNabb. We will draft someone in the 2nd round to possible start in a year or 2.
OG: Hicks was in his first year of starting in the Eagles Off. so give him some time to improve. The Eagles like our youth at this position so I don't see us drafting anyone to early.

DE: All though this is a concern the Eagles no they have Coles and McDougle needs a chance to play. I see us drafting a young kid and a 2nd tier DE to keep our DE's fresh.
DT: Patterson has one year under his belt and Walker is a solid DT. We have Marshall that the Eagles like so I could see us picking up a DT after the 3rd round. Our DT's are small so they are going to get pushed around if they are on the field 60-70% of the game.
OLB: This is our biggest concern because when you have small DL you need big strong LB. We will draft high at this position and possible resign Adams or Simoneau for insurance. No way we over pay a FA.
MLB: Would like to see a decent back-up just in case. Maybe a 2nd tier FA
Secondary will ok after we resign 1 or 2 players and maybe draft a late round guy..

Eagles Mock Draft;
14th pick: Greenway - No way we draft Ryans when he is the same size as Adams. If Greenway is gone we could get Carpenter late in the 1st or early 2nd by trading up.
45th pick: we take the best OT with the question around Tra and Runyan being here one more year. We might trade up in order to get a better OT in the early second.
76th pick: This is going to be BPA at either of these positions. WR/DE/ILB

The rest of the draft will be BPA with possible trades that we can't predict. Here are the players I would like to see us target in the draft after the third.
DE: Ray Edwards or Victor Adeyanju - they may fall based on their workouts but we may take Edwards in the third.
DT: Kyle Williams (LSU) - Would be great if he falls to us in the 4th round. He will be our 4 or 5th DT.
ILB: Schlegel would be a decent bak-up to Trotter
WR & TE: We address these in FA. Maybe a late round TE.
Sixth and seventh round should be a QB/CB/Kick returner

FA signings:
WR: Moulds will be cut and we will be able to sign him (hopefully)
Wayne/Lloyd are both going to be resigned.
DE: Kampman - GB (i think he is a FA)
Maybe one or two no name guys that won't play much.

PLease get Michael Robinson and RB out of our drafts. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the info I used to make my decisions came from NFL Draft Countdown. According to this site D'Qwell has a strong possibility to move outside and I did reach a little for Lutui.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
Phreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I can't believe some of these picks Reply with quote

mth5579 wrote:
I am not sure what team everyone has been watching the last couple of years but you need to remember how the Eagles run their team.

OT: Tra Thomes has questions and Herremans could still use sometime learning. With Questions about TRA makes us Tag Runyan so we don't have to new tackles blocking for McNabb. We will draft someone in the 2nd round to possible start in a year or 2.
OG: Hicks was in his first year of starting in the Eagles Off. so give him some time to improve. The Eagles like our youth at this position so I don't see us drafting anyone to early..

We need to remember how the Eagles run their team? First, tagging Runyan is about the stupidest thing we can do, and it would be a very un-Andy Reid type thing to do. Andy Reid does not like offensive lineman in their 30s, and the Eagles have never resigned an O-lineman once they get to a certain point in their careers. Runyan is 33. Remember, if we tag him we have to make him a top-5 highest paid offensive tackle. Do you really think Runyan, who is 33-years old, is really worth that kind of money? No way, no how. The Eagles will not resign Runyan, I am almost possitive of it.

Second, the Eagles love drafting O-lineman. This is a good offensive guard class, there is a good chance we will use one of our picks in the first 4 rounds on an offensive guard. We need to add depth and talent for competition, we need to make someone step up and show they can play.

mth5579 wrote:
DE: All though this is a concern the Eagles no they have Coles and McDougle needs a chance to play. I see us drafting a young kid and a 2nd tier DE to keep our DE's fresh.
DT: Patterson has one year under his belt and Walker is a solid DT. We have Marshall that the Eagles like so I could see us picking up a DT after the 3rd round. Our DT's are small so they are going to get pushed around if they are on the field 60-70% of the game.
OLB: This is our biggest concern because when you have small DL you need big strong LB. We will draft high at this position and possible resign Adams or Simoneau for insurance. No way we over pay a FA.
MLB: Would like to see a decent back-up just in case. Maybe a 2nd tier FA
Secondary will ok after we resign 1 or 2 players and maybe draft a late round guy...

If you want a good player through free agency, you are going to have to over pay. That's the name of the game. Would you rather draft a rookie who might not be able to pick up the NFL quick enough and might struggle their rookie season, or would you rather sign somebody with all the money we have that we know can come in and play right away and do a good job? Again I'll say it - We want to win Super Bowl 41, we need all the help we can get NOW.

And if the Eagles don't address DT in free agency (I'm hoping we sign Bernard) then expect one of the first 2 picks to be a DT.

mth5579 wrote:
Eagles Mock Draft;
14th pick: Greenway - No way we draft Ryans when he is the same size as Adams. If Greenway is gone we could get Carpenter late in the 1st or early 2nd by trading up.
45th pick: we take the best OT with the question around Tra and Runyan being here one more year. We might trade up in order to get a better OT in the early second.
76th pick: This is going to be BPA at either of these positions. WR/DE/ILB

The rest of the draft will be BPA with possible trades that we can't predict. Here are the players I would like to see us target in the draft after the third.
DE: Ray Edwards or Victor Adeyanju - they may fall based on their workouts but we may take Edwards in the third.
DT: Kyle Williams (LSU) - Would be great if he falls to us in the 4th round. He will be our 4 or 5th DT.
ILB: Schlegel would be a decent bak-up to Trotter
WR & TE: We address these in FA. Maybe a late round TE.
Sixth and seventh round should be a QB/CB/Kick returner

FA signings:
WR: Moulds will be cut and we will be able to sign him (hopefully)
Wayne/Lloyd are both going to be resigned.
DE: Kampman - GB (i think he is a FA)
Maybe one or two no name guys that won't play much.

I like Kyle Williams and Ray Edwards

There is talk that Moulds might be staying in Buffalo now since they are under a new coach.

And I like the idea of signing Kampman.

mth5579 wrote:
PLease get Michael Robinson and RB out of our drafts. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Don't count it out. The Eagles showed alot of interest in Robinson at the Senior Bowl, and a big, powerful back (Vickers?) is something this offense could really use.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
kingmatt1212

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my updated mock draft with what I think our compensation picks will be.

1. Vernon Davis - TE - Maryland
2. Daryn Colledge - OT - Boise St.
3. Orien Harris - DT - Miami
4. Terna Nande - LB - Miami (OH)
4. Kevin Boothe - OG - Cornell
4. Greg Lee - WR - Pittsburgh
4. Victor Adeyanju - DE - Indiana
5. Matt Lentz - OG - Michigan
6. Lawrence Vickers - FB - Colorado
7. Ryan Plackemeier - P - Wake Forest
7. Paul Pinegar - QB - Fresno St.
mr_pappagorgio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: First Day Picks Reply with quote

Don't know how much credence you give to the Saturday football guys on 610 WIP (Diddinger, Gragano and the bunch) but they strongly feel the Birds will go DL in the first round and that taking a LB in the first would just be to big a change in draft philosphy.

I agree. I think the Birds do know they need to address the LB position but will look to FA for that. They want to win in next year and a rookie LB will not be able to make the impact they need if they are truely plan to upgrade that position. I know rookie LBs have had an impact in the past, most recently with Tatupu in Seattle, but it is against Reid's M.O. to take a rookie at LB and give him that much responsibility. If it wan't he would have taken shots at good backers in the draft before instead of thinking guys like Nate Wayne, Simineau and Adams were better than anything he could get from a young guy in the draft. So who would the FA backer be? I really like the guy from Jax - Akin Ayodele (sp?). He is big, fast, young and will not come at an outlandish price like it would take to land Witherspoon. There is a good chance Bobby Carpenter from Ohio State will be available in the 2nd round (unless he jumps D'Qwell, Ryans and Greenway at the combine) and for much less the the FA signing and with little higher upside than Ayodele but like I said, I think the Birds will only address the LB spot with someone they think can play right away and provide a certain upgrade at the spot based on past NFL performance levels.

I am also a proponent of Vernon Davis in the first but as much as I think that would help give the Eagles a dynamic offense again I also think that would be out of character for Reid and the staff so it is more a mock drafter's dream than it is more of an educated and realistic selection.

With all that said, and going on the assumption that the Eagles sign Rocky Bernard at DT and Ayodele at LB, I think Tamba Hali will be the first round selection. He is capable of being an above average 3 down DE and according to Paterno he is as gifted a DE as any player he has ever had before. He also feels he is polished enough to contribute from day one. The senior bowl practice reports confirm that too. Acording to reports I read the pro coaches loved that Hali had a lot of techincal ability and that any corrections in technique that coaches provided to Hali we properly assimilated into his moves within a play or two. With the FA signings I propose and adding Hali the issues on the D are pretty much addressed with only three moves: 1 - get a DT with ability to pressure the QB (Bernard) 2 - upgrade the OLB spot with a physicla playmaker (Ayodele) 3 - get a better pash rush from the outside but also sure up the run defense at DE (Hali)

Second and third round picks will most likely be OL and WR but again it all depends on the FA signings. If his college production is not given the merit it deserves a guy they could possibly get in the third round that would really help is Mike Haas from Oregon State. He has decent size for a WR at 6'1" and ok speed but what he does excel at is running routes and finding creases in a zone, plus he has great hands. His skill set would be a perfect match for the west coast offense and he would be a real nice compliment to Brown because he does all the little things right and with the O the Birds run would fit right in. All the talk of Haas will be moot though if he runs right around 4.5 at the combine because if he shows he has that much speed (not blazing but more than adequate o be a possession receiver) he won't get past round two.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: