You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Offseason thaughts

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwi eagle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Random Offseason thaughts Reply with quote

i dont think we should go DE or OLB in the first. I dont like Kiwi(bust) and although i love Tamba Hali, i'm afraid he will either be boom or bust kind of a player. Dont get me wrong he has the potential to be great but is also a big gamble. The DE id love is Mario Williams but he would cost us much of our draft.(Why did we have hv to win a few meaningless games)

For OLB i just think its better for us to go after Ayodle, Witherspoon and Thornton in that order. A rookie LB wont start for us plus i am not overly excited about either Greenway or Ryans. I like Jackson and Abdul Hodge but they are both ILB, if one of them could move outside i wouldnt mind either of them.

DT i like Bunkley, Watson, Wrotten, Jon Lewis, Harris and Dvoracek. The first two not worth our 1st and gone by second

At WR i only like Moss and Chad Jackson out of those worth being taken in the first two rounds

Im also high on Max Jean Giles(sp?) reminds me of Andrews coming out of college strong and dominating in the running game but needs work on pass protection. But i just dont see him fitting into the OL when we have more pressing needs at OT. Andrews could move outside and Giles could play RG, and with Jackson playing C that would be a dominating right side in the running game but teams would blitz from there which might be a problem

My ideal situation would be to go for a OT like Jon Scott or Justice or McNiel (in that order) or draft Vernon Davis then take a DE in the second when Lawson (highl doubt), Tapp, Dumervile, Wimbley, Edwards, Haralson, Adeyanju might be on the board. Then go OT if Davis was drafted or WR (skyler green) if OT was drafted. Then for the rest of the draft go for depthe back up QB, Micheal Robinson, OL, DT, TE, DB, FB(Vickers) etc

Thats why i think the Eagles need atleast a DT and an OLB in free agency. Would also love Randel El in free agency or resign Runyan but only if his price isnt too high. If we get Randel El we can go OT in the first and if we keep Runyan we can get Davis. Im trying to be realistic.

As for extending contracts M.Lewis, B.Dawk and LJ Smith are at the top of my wishlist

Discuss

Last edited by kiwi eagle on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sandman38

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like alot of your ideas but I have a few points to make. Max-Jean Giles would be a nice pick-up but like Andrews he has weight issues and looked sloppy at the senior bowl. He even got knocked backwards and off of his feet on a few occasions. If he can get his weight under control he'd be a nice prospect and solid OG. Andrews can be moved to T but only if he can control his weight. He got up to 380lbs last season and that has to effect his mobility in pass blocking situations.
I have to admit Im starting to love the idea of drafting TE Vernon Davis with the 14th pick(props to Phreak). Like you said, if we can address at least DT and OLB position with FA then we can make that move. I think he will be the BPA when we pick at 14. I'd like for the birds to pursue DT Rocky Bernard from Seatlle and Will Witherspoon from Carolina. If they can accomplish that then they can draft Davis at 14 and take the best available DE with the 2nd rd pick.
I think drafting Davis would make LJ Smith better and give him some incentive to step up his game, b/c lets face it, he's not playing up to his potential.
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont forget we have mccoy at olb with a year under his belt. they arnt gonna let a high pick sit another year

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
kiwi eagle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather go with Ayodel than Witherspoon even though i think Witherspoon is a better player mainly because we dont need a WILL, which is what Witherspoon plays. We need a SAM like Ayodel so that Jones can move back to his natural position at WILL.

DT i agree Rocky Bernard is the man but i think the team that signs him will be overpaying for him because of his strong last season - it might be us. I would also be ok with Triplett

The problem you mentioned with Gean Jiles is the exact problem i see two dominating run blockers on the right side but both with weight issues. I wont be very confident with Andrews at RT so i think we should draft an OT
kingmatt1212

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope they dont move andrews to OT, IMO he just wont be as good.
Philly Irish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at 340(probably higher) and 6'4 no way he would have the quickness to deal with a peppers even though he is said to have excellent footwork

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats exactly why i think drafting Gean Jiles wont work, rather have Andrews at G and Hermanns or a draft pick at RT if Runyan is let go
Philly Irish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giles could always play the other guard position with hicks at Rt or as a 6th man. but two oversized outta shape guards wouldnt b the best situation. its good 2 have a guard that can pull and trap to help run toss plays and other plays outside the tackle, especially for rbs with speed like westbrook and moats

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like alot of what you said, but didnt we rencntly give Dawk 8 years at 40/50 million? So I dont think he needs an extention.
kiwi eagle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, im pretty sure Dawks contract expires at the end of this year
mpmfootball

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what needs to happen i think every 1 knows we need to get an outside lb and dt as are 2 biggest areas to fill... i think we should adress both in free agency with bernar at dt and get 1 of ayoldele witherspoon or thorton... if we could get them we could get vernon davis at te with are first round pick...id also love to somehow get hutch into are ol but hed cost a lot... were not ganna go after randel el, hes not the type of player we need, we already have greg lewis who proved he can play in the slot, pinkston at 2 and brown at 1 with westy running a couple plays from wr to... i feel if were ganna go after any 1 it should b loyd just beacause i think he has great potential and was playing with a really sh**y offence in sanfran and we can get him for a 5th rounder...at rb id like to get a change up runnner for cheap(ne ideas?) i was thinkin poss 6-1,210 moe williams from the vikings. even tho hes 31 i feel he can give us leadership and up the middle running and we can sign him pretty cheap, or ron dayn who inpressed me a few games this last season but he was playin in denver where any running back can b great. i think going after abram would mess us up because it would take to much money and we would end up filling in lb and dt with sub par players. i deffanantly dont think vicks going to change his attitude + andy reid would NEVER draft a guy like vick ...i think we got fb covered and w/ parry

how bout that as an offseason minus our draft round 2 through 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: