Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Word on Duckett and Dunn?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egrizzard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Word on Duckett and Dunn? Reply with quote

I know how bad the Falcons need a safety--and I have a couple of ideas.

Somehow, get Thomas Davis from carolina. He could be an All-Pro SS. The guy can flat out run and give the big hit. The Falcons need an intimidator. Or, get tank Williams--same scenario. I would not feel good using a high draft on a rookie safety,well, because he would be a rookie. The Falcons are sooo close to being a contender, the right trade or FA would put all the pieces in place.

What is the word on Dunn and Duckett---? Are they gonna resign, restructure, or be traded? How does it affect the draft?
William_Ohms

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have heard duckett will proly walk and Dunn will be kept around a least for this year... although we still have a very good shot at signing someone like Tank Williams... I still don't think it would hurt to draft Ko Simpson in the 1st Williams SS and Simpson FS... There is also rumor that Schaub good be traded for a 2nd and 3rd RD pick or even a 1st which would then give us more flexiblity with the draft...

07 Recruiting Preview
Updated 12/27
Teams:
Seminoles, Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Thrashers
egrizzard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks--
alabama_man7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the FO is going to get Dunn to restructure so that we can have more cap room.
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William_Ohms wrote:
From what I have heard duckett will proly walk and Dunn will be kept around a least for this year... although we still have a very good shot at signing someone like Tank Williams... I still don't think it would hurt to draft Ko Simpson in the 1st Williams SS and Simpson FS... There is also rumor that Schaub good be traded for a 2nd and 3rd RD pick or even a 1st which would then give us more flexiblity with the draft...
you know after all this talk about trading schaub for picks, ZZI dont think its gonna happen. It makes sense but a team that needs a QB will get leinart, young, or cutler. A team that needs a QB is a team that needs a a lot of rebuilding, they wont waste precious draft picks. (except for the bears man, they have a great team, but not a descent QB... I doubt theyll do it but it'd be the perfect trade for both sides.

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
William_Ohms

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah very true but I think the bears will try grossman for a full year if he can stay healthy

07 Recruiting Preview
Updated 12/27
Teams:
Seminoles, Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Thrashers
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William_Ohms wrote:
yeah very true but I think the bears will try grossman for a full year if he can stay healthy
god, grossman sucks man. Did you see him against the panthers in divisional round? That second string guy whos been playing for him the whole time has done better. Grossman played AWFUL against carolina... It was disgusting. I was kindof suprised they didnt put in the other guy, it woud have been worth a shot.

OR?

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
alabama_man7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seriously doubt the bears are looking at Schaub eventhough they really could use him. Look for Dallas, Miami, or the Jets to looking into him. Miami really needs a quaterback and they arent in position to get any of the top quaterbacks in the draft. Dallas is in the same position as Miami, and the Jets arent having any luck with Pennington.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: