Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

West Coast Offense?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think Brian Schottenheimer should bring back the West Coast Offense for the Jets?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

minivinny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: West Coast Offense? Reply with quote

I think that the West Coast Offense would rebound Chad Pennington's career, it would be easier on his shoulder. Pennington runs the West Coast right there with the best of them.

Tell me what you think!
ike4life1989

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pennington is not the future and a west coast offense would not suit the jets personnel especially the receivers, backs, and tight ends - just an opinion tho not really backed up with a ton of facts
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ike4life1989 wrote:
pennington is not the future and a west coast offense would not suit the jets personnel especially the receivers, backs, and tight ends - just an opinion tho not really backed up with a ton of facts

Wrong, our personnel were no good for Dinger's system.

The West Coast is not a horrible idea. Coles breaks a lot of tackles for a WR his size, he could do well on those 10-15 yard routes and then making a play after the catch, although ideally we should have Santana Moss.

But I heard from someone on this forum that Coles is getting a personal chef because he lost some of his speed eating a bunch of fast food.
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he also has been plagued by a chronic toe injury which is also slowing him down unless he goes under the knife to fix it.

We definitely should run a West Coast Offense. We were successful with it for years, so why not. We have the players to run it.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
Jets/ND

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it worked preety well keeping us in games with Hackett. I don't think we should be as conservative like we were under him, but it would work well. I don't want to see our FB become one of the main targets in the pass game either like Sowell was a couple of years ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: