Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Abraham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should Jets do with John Abraham?
Trade him for highest bidder on draft day
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
Sign him to long-term deal
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

FB Favin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: John Abraham Reply with quote

I have seen a few people suggesting the Raiders may be looking to deal for Abe. I have not see this anywhere. If anyone sees any news on this, can you post a link in a reply?

This is all I have seen post-Bradway:

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1139382050217310.xml&coll=1
jessej

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would anyone take a trade of john abraham to dallas for greg ellis and glover?
minivinny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wouldn't be too bad of an idea. But the bad thing about it is that both Glover and Ellis are in their 30s. So I would pass on that deal. That was a good proposal though.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trade him, but only if we get an offer in the first two rounds which might be a lot harder to do then wat most people think.
Davey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
People close to Abraham say he wants out because the Jets continue to drag their feet regarding a long-term deal and there are several teams reportedly interested in the unrestricted free agent, including the Chargers, Redskins, Browns and Texans.

Browns - We have the possibility of getting DeAngelo Williams, as well as D'Brickshaw Ferguson which would pretty much be the Jets dream draft.

Texans - Reggie Bush in NY.. sounds great, but we'd probably have to give up our 3rd or 2nd[or both] also, and these 2 picks are crucial to draft 2 solid linemen if we're not getting Ferguson.

This of course assuming we trade him for picks.
shortnproud52

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes down to it - rumors aside - I think the highest that the Jets are gonna be able to get for Abe is a 2nd rounder. If that's the case - unless its a top 5 pick in the 2nd - then I say we sign him long term. Where we find the cap room to do this, I don't know.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that franchise tag is really large - 8.3 million.

He's almost certainly going to be traded, that's like 2 million more than last year.

But it looks like Law is out according to that article and as Martin has agreed to restructure maybe they can bring him down from 8 to somewhere between 3-4 at the most, ideally 2.

Coles might restructure, he seems like a real stand up guy. He was strong enough to admit he'd been molested as a child and he's done with his whole gambling thing back at FSU.

Pennington is a leader and I can seriously see him restructuring. Guys who won't, but should are Dewayne Robertson and Ty Law, but Law will definitely be cut.
Davey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Pennington is a leader and I can seriously see him restructuring. Guys who won't, but should are Dewayne Robertson and Ty Law, but Law will definitely be cut.

Pennington has to restructure. I've always liked Chad, but he's injury prone and isn't worth everything he makes if he runs the risk of going out there and just getting hurt again. I too think he will restructure, it seems he always wants what's best for the team. He played last year with a torn rotator cuff and we almost made it to the AFC championship. He got hurt this year because he rushed the rehab process and wasn't ready, the complete opposite of what John Abraham did last year during the playoffs.

I agree with the other two also.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: