You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AJ Hawk

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rue_Brittania

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: AJ Hawk Reply with quote

AJ Hawk is ur protopicial LB. He is phsyical, fast, strong, and has a nose for the ball. the only problem teams have with him is he is listed as 6'1" which is short for an NFL LB. well this sounds sooo familiar. wow hmm lemme think about this one. Dat Ngyeyn [sp?], Zach Thomas, etc. all short LBs that were drafted late because of their height. I'm not saying he is going to be the next zach thomas. but he is not going to be a bust. I saw him play against the badgers like a year ago when he racked up 20 tackles. then i remember saying to myself man he is going to be good. whatever we do please TT do not pass on him unless u can predict the future and know for a fact he is going to be a bust.
pollino14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk should be the choice
blacktower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money affects people in different ways. If your drafted in the first round, there is the inner feeling to some players, that I have arrived. How you perform after you have signed a contract worth millions says a lot about your character.

If your drafted in the 7th round, (Donald Driver) you have something to prove. It too says something about your character.

Last year I heard several blogs suggest Rodgers would be a big success simply because he was over looked. He has something to prove. I expect he will prove be the best QB taken in last years draft.

Hawk may very well turn out to be an all pro where ever he may play. How he performs will say a lot about his character. If he has anything to prove may be to show he's the best LB that's ever played the game. Very Happy
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: AJ Hawk Reply with quote

Rue_Brittania wrote:
AJ Hawk is ur protopicial LB. He is phsyical, fast, strong, and has a nose for the ball. the only problem teams have with him is he is listed as 6'1" which is short for an NFL LB. well this sounds sooo familiar. wow hmm lemme think about this one. Dat Ngyeyn [sp?], Zach Thomas, etc. all short LBs that were drafted late because of their height. I'm not saying he is going to be the next zach thomas. but he is not going to be a bust. I saw him play against the badgers like a year ago when he racked up 20 tackles. then i remember saying to myself man he is going to be good. whatever we do please TT do not pass on him unless u can predict the future and know for a fact he is going to be a bust.

I totally agree. He SHOULD be the pick. He has all of the intangibles. REMEMBER LOFA TATUPU?
Hawk is a bonified superstar on a star-studded team, in a challenging conference.

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
LeRoy36

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it will be Hawk if Kampman resigns. But i have a feeling that Ted has been studying the draft and knows he can get a great LB in the second round, like a Howard or Sims or who ever. Soo i dont know if Hawk is the clear cut choice.
MadTown021

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk is a solid proven player, yes there is ALOT of depth at LB this year but not the same quality as Hawk, he could re-define the OLB spot much like Lawrence Taylor did in his era.

Hawk is and should be the clear cut choice.

Props to Darnik44 for the sig.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Hawk, however, I am now subscribing to the trading down philosophy, we could trade down a couple of spots, draft Michael Huff (who I think could be the steal of the draft) and get a LB close to Hawk's potential in Round 2.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
I like Hawk, however, I am now subscribing to the trading down philosophy, we could trade down a couple of spots, draft Michael Huff (who I think could be the steal of the draft) and get a LB close to Hawk's potential in Round 2.

Ding Ding Ding!!!
Green Bay has a lot of positions to fill.
Green Bay does not have a lot of draft choices.
Trade down twice in the 1st to get extra 2nds/3rds.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: