Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

THIS IS WHAT WE SHOULD DO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlace17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: THIS IS WHAT WE SHOULD DO Reply with quote

First all accept the fact that we are not going to be a Super Bowl contender anytime time soon. Maybe at least for 3 seasons. Die hard Jets fans like myself are willing to wait that long. We have already been waiting 37 years anyways. So why not wait 3 more. Thats why we have the Giants. It is always a trend. Jets Good, Giants bad or visa versa.
First of all I am a cover two kind of guy. So I would propose instead of having a right now team. We build a team for the future. Build a system. For a cover two to be effective we need a dominant defensive line. Dwayne Robertson is showing signs of improvement but is a major disappointment in my eyes especially because we paid him all that money. Jets fans would have been more patient with him if he was paid less. But I think he should not have a future with the Jets. We need some dominant DT's. Some run stoppers. I would prefer a 4-man line front than a 3 man line front that Man-Gina (LOL!!!!!!!) is proposing. If we would get a front four that can independently blitz and put alot of pressure on the QB without much help from the Linebacker or DB's then all we need are fast linebackers who can drop back into coverage and they would be able to intercept a lot more balls. Then we go to O-line. I say we get this line younger. Trade Mawae and Fabini to teams who can afford high priced veteran linemen and we Draft Ferguson and a good Center in the later rounds or get a good Center via FA and begin to build the line from scratch. If we can invest in a dominant O-Line then we will not need an expensive RB or QB. I say we cut Pennington absorb the cap penalty draft the Olson Twin from UCLA in the later rounds and get a mild priced veteran QB via FA to start for us. Then I would talk to Jim Brown in convincing Curtis MArtin to retire. Martin is on his way to Canton anyways. Then we get Lendale White who should be in the earlier part of the 2nd round. If not we trade up to get one of the later 1st round picks to get White.

TRY TO GET A SOLID PASS CATCHING TE IN THE DRAFT TO HELP OUT JOLLEY.

That is what I think we should do.

HOLLA BACK GUYS.
minivinny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hell are you dogging on our boy MAN-GENIE?
Are you a Jets fan or a fair-weather coward?
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really find that coherent and I didn't find "Man gina" that funny at all.

You seem, as minivinny said, like a fair-weather coward.
watup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya and what's that about the giants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: