You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Projected Lineup (FA & Draft)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midnight green

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me give this a try:

QB-McNabb-Detmer-Feeley
RB-Westbrook-Moats-Riggs Jr.
FB-Parry-Runnels
WR-Brown-Pinkston-Lewis-Jackson-McMullen
TE-LJSmith-Lewis-Klopfenstein
OT-Thomas-Runyan-Herremans-O'Callaghan
OG-Andrews-Hutchinson-Clarke-Hicks
C-Jackson-Fraley

DE-Kearse-Williams-Cole-Adams
DT-Bernard-Patterson-Walker-Watson
MLB-Trotter-Simoneau
OLB-Jones-Sims-Sartz
CB-Shepphard-Brown-Hood
S-Dawkins-Lewis-Mickell-Considine

Draft
1st round- trade 14th and 2nd & 5th round next year for Williams
2nd round- Watson DT (Michigan)
3rd round- Klopfenstein TE (Colorado)
4th round- O'Callaghan OT (California)
5th round- Jackson WR (Florida)
6th round- Sartz LB (USC)
7th round- Runnels FB (Oklahoma)

Rookie FA's
Gerald Riggs Jr. RB (Tennessee)
Darrell Adams DE (Villanova)

Free Agents
Hutchinson OG (Seattle)
Bernard DT (Seattle)
Feeley QB
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOrgot a couple of draft picks that we picked up in trades last year. Unless we're moving up to 13 I'm not sure that package would do anything....

If we do keep a 2nd FB it will be Tapeh and Parry. They both know the system (although Parry didn't protect nearly as well this year as he did last year) and Tapeh has the package to spell RB a little (Riggs Jr not needed unless injuries occur).

If we draft a TE in the 1st day, Lewis is gone unless Bartrum is injured.

What about some of our young depth? McCoy? Marshall?

Isn't the only Simms on the Eagles roster a WR?

Not that I don't like the make up of the team you put down but there were a few things that didn't seem to mesh...
TexasEagles75

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midnight green wrote:
Let me give this a try:

QB-McNabb-Detmer-Feeley
RB-Westbrook-Moats-Riggs Jr.
FB-Parry-Runnels
WR-Brown-Pinkston-Lewis-Jackson-McMullen
TE-LJSmith-Lewis-Klopfenstein
OT-Thomas-Runyan-Herremans-O'Callaghan
OG-Andrews-Hutchinson-Clarke-Hicks
C-Jackson-Fraley

DE-Kearse-Williams-Cole-Adams
DT-Bernard-Patterson-Walker-Watson
MLB-Trotter-Simoneau
OLB-Jones-Sims-Sartz
CB-Shepphard-Brown-Hood
S-Dawkins-Lewis-Mickell-Considine

Draft

Rookie FA's
Gerald Riggs Jr. RB (Tennessee)
Darrell Adams DE (Villanova)

Free Agents
Hutchinson OG (Seattle)
Bernard DT (Seattle)
Feeley QB

This line up adds up to another 6-10 season.
toistheman815

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB-McNabb
RB-Shaun Alexander-Westbrook
FB-Parry
WR-Brown-Pinkston-Lewis
TE-LJSmith
OT-Thomas
OT-Runyan
OG-Andrews
OG-Hicks
C-Jackson

DE-Kearse
DE-Cole
DT-Patterson
DT-Walker
OLB-Julian Peterson
MLB-Trotter-Simoneau
OLB-Chad Greenway
CB-Shepphard-Brown-Hood
FS-Dawkins
SS-Lewis
Bold is draft picks or Free agents

This is my starting lineup. Shaun Alexander I feel will sign with Philly. Last Year here took the team picture with the Eagles at the pro bowl. Then Westbrook becomes more explosive.
midnight green

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off let me say that I believe last year was a throw away year for the Birds. I think with the TO/Donovan thing and with Donovan's injury plagued season, the team went down before it had a chance. Towards the end of the season, anyone with the slightest injury was either on the sideline or on IR.

This year I think the Eagles will be right back where they belong atop the NFC with some minor tinkering. In my opinion they should do something like this to ensure that they will be back to the top.

Note: I screwed up earlier post. Ernie Sims is a LB out of Florida State. He is a draft pick. We'll use one of those picks that I left out from trades.

QB-McNabb (Nuff said, the backups are just backups)
RB-Westbrook will have Tiki Barber type season (Riggs is a very good RB prospect to pick up in FA as he is coming off a broken ankle)
FB-I'm not high on Parry and Tapeh is done. Runnels is a late pick and can block with the best and also recieve out of the backfield
WR-Reid will stick with his recievers (Pinky and GLew). Jackson has size, speed and hands.
TE-LJ is good, but needs someone to push him. I think Klopfenstein would beat out CLewis.(Maybe Chad will be kept on as TE Coach)
OT-Eagles need to keep both, don't think Andrews is ready to move
OG-Hutchinson and Andrews would be awesome tandem
C-Jackson/Fraley battle

DE-If it takes more to get Williams then do it, this upgrades the position immediately
DT-Bernard-Patterson-Walker-Watson is a pretty good rotation-again an upgrade
MLB-Trotter (All Pro)
OLB-Keep Jones for one more year and upgrade other spots in draft. Very doubtful SF lets Peterson go.
CB-With a solid rush, these guys will again be called best in the league
S-Same goes here
mr_pappagorgio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="midnight green"]Let me give this a try:

Draft

Three major flaws in the draft above. First, it will take a whole lot more than the 14th pick and next years 2nd and 5th to move all the way up to the #4 slot to get Williams. If the Eagles return to form you are talking about a 2nd round pick that is somewhere near the 50-60th pick next year. The 14th this year and the 50th (for arguments sake) next year does not get you the 4th overall cik this year. No way, no how. Second, Gabe Watson will not be available with the 46th pick. He is huge, had a great senior bowl practice week and equally impressive game. As long as his combine numbers are good for a DT he should be the second DT of the board and will not make it out of the first round. Third, there is no way in he** that Chad Jackson goes in the fifth round, unless he runs like a turtle at the combine and if he is slow then who wants him anyway. Jackson is one of the top 5 WRs in this draft and will be a first day pick not a fifth rounder.
midnight green

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it all figured out papps. I'd love to see some of your ideas on how to go about the draft/FA. But you just want to pick apart mine. If you had read the previous posts it was already mentioned that it probably would take more to get Williams. I don't disagree, and think we could trade more if needed. I also have him going 6th, but that's just my opinion.

Maybe Jackson will go a little higher than I have him but I think they can still get a decent receiver after the 3rd round.

I think some people on this board are taking Watson a little bit high, I think he'll be a good 2nd rounder but a reach in the 1st round. Just my opinion.
mr_pappagorgio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Draft thoughts Reply with quote

Can't really predict the draft until after free agency, although I have tried to throw ou somne thoughts in the mock draft forum.

But here's some opinions. If they do not re-sign Runyan or another starting calibar OT via free agency I think they take Marcus McNeil (very comparable to Tra Thomas) or Winston Justice (first round talent with baggage) in the first round. If they do sign Runyan or an OT in FA then they address the D in the first round. If they don't sign an OLB as a FA then look for Greenway in the first. Some senior bowl reports claim, and a stress claim since this is all rumor to start with, that the Eagles had a scout or staff membing watching Greenway the entire week. If they sign an OLB as a free agent (the guy from Jax maybe? Don't think Witherspoon will ever hit the market, Carolina will re-sign him) then look for a DT or DE, again based on FA signings.

Basically though, since so much rides on free agency I see the birds first pick coming from a pool of guys like DTs Gabe Watson and Bunkley, DEs Tamba Hali and Mathias Kiwanuka, OTs Marcus McNeil and Winston Justice. There is also a slim shot that if they address at keast three of their needs (DE, DT, LB and OT) in free agency that they could shock everyone and take Vernon Davis at TE in the first. You may say that's a bad idea but don't forget that the Birds used the 2 TE set very often back when Chad Lewis was still pretty good and it was very effective and since the Birds need more receiving help they could do well by having the 2 TEs be LJ and Davis. If they ran Reggie Brown, Pinkston (hopefully not, Moulds would be great), LJ, Vernon Davis and Westbrook out then the opposing D would have to cover both of the TEs with LBs and Westrook with a saftey leaving only one deep to cover the 2 WRs or if they saty two deep then there is a LB on bith TEs and Westbrook. That is a big mismacth in favor of the Eagles. If the D plays a nickle package it still favors the Birds because LJ or Davis still have a saftey or LB in coverage and on run plays a nickleback would not be a problem for the light blocking LJ or Davis.

Anyway, the draft is drivin by free agency so who knows at this point. I just thought based upon current player grades that some of the guys in your draft would just not be available. I didn't disagree with your needs.
Steegles46

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my lineup. Hope it materialises.

QB - McNabb
RB - Westbrook (Moats, Bell [4])
FB - Parry
WR - Brown, Pinkston (Lewis, Moss [2])
TE - Smith (Day [4])
OT - Thomas, Herrimans
OG - Andrews, Hicks
C - Fraley

DE - Kearse, Abraham (Cole)
DT - Patterson, Walker (Williams [3])
SOLB - Greenway [1]
MLB - Trotter
WOLB - McCoy
CB - Sheppard, Brown (Hood)
FS - Dawkins
SS - Lewis

K - Akers
P - Johnson

RED = Free Agents
BLUE = Draft

What do you guys think? I know it's probably much to get Greenway into the starting lineup, but I have this feeling that it'll work. I wish I had more to go on than a "feeling," but that's all I've got.
midnight green

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not high on Abraham as the answer on the DL. I can't seem to forget about a couple of years ago when the Jets were in the playoffs and could have really used him and he refused to play because of a sore knee, even though he was cleared to play. So I went to the Jets forum to get a feel for where they stand on whether to keep him or not. Almost all were ready to bid farewell to the oft-injured star DE. Just don't know if I want to invest the type of money it will take to get him. I'd much rather take one in the draft (preferably a trade up for Williams).

I don't see how your scenario improves the team. They get weaker on the O-Line and DT, and very inexperienced at LB. I think they can do better in the draft and should also improve through FA by using some of that cap money.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: