Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How to fill all our needs in the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nbnyc44

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: How to fill all our needs in the draft Reply with quote

Trade: 4 pick to Broncos for the 22 and 30 picks

Trade: Abe for a 2 and a 4

Trade: Law for a 4 rounder

Round 1- Eric Winston or Jon Scott - Deangelo is a bust and will not be able to carry the load after 4 years of doing it in memphis and he will not be able to dominate the NFL like he did in Cof USA. Dont take a big screen pass as the proof he will be good the defense was on the other side of the feild and he had a clear path thank the blockers not him. Dbrick is a good pick at 4 but he is not worth losing the opportunity to draft Gilles and Mangold.

Round 1- Gean Gilles- talk that Seatle might take him so we get a pick ahead of them and take him.

Round 2- Mangold- successor to Mawae

Round 2- Calhoun or another quick running back because lets face it we can reley on Houston a little and to get a quick back we could have an amazing thunder and lightning

Round 3- Devin Hester or Charles Gordon- this may shock some but they both can become good corners they are just a little raw and need to be coached
or
Greg Blue if we want a reliable physical corner.

Round 4-Victor Adeyanju- Bryan Thomas is a situational rusher at best and will be a good back up while Victor will add speed to the line and he has room to bulk up as well.

Round 4- Oliver Hoyte- Partner to Vilma and will florish with all the offenses attention focused on Vilma

Round 4- Charlie Whithurst- a good prospect who definetly has potential and our new OC can definetly bring out potentiol in Qbs (Drew Brees)

Round 5- A good player who could serve as a pass rushing OLB

Round 6- Matt Bernstein- We get a big FB to help out Sowell who is up there in years

Round 6- S to help out RHodes and Coleman

Round 7- Speedy wide reciever who can double as a PR

Round 7- BPA
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i think the broncoes will take that trade and its an intresting trade for us but do we want a 99% franchise tackle or a little bit more of a risk and less dominating prescense in winston or mcneil. Dont like ur bottom 3 rounds that much but thats a difrence in opinion in needs, and is giles wortha late first im not so sure about that either, maybe to the sehawks who are superbowl ready but to a rebuilding franchise i'm not so sure.

Grade C+ (not so sure this is realistic at all.)
JETS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with jonyakee
grade B+ but not gonna happen
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Winston would be the 22nd pick. Jonathon Scott will be taken in the Top 15.

What makes you say DeAngelo will be a bust? There are plenty of senior running backs that are thriving in the pros. And he did carry the load in college. So what? It shows how much of a workhorse running back he is and can be at the next level. Plus he won't be doing it all by himself if he comes to New York.

By the way, scouts didn't judge him on that one screen pass. They judged him on his excellent Senior Bowl practices and his performance against top notch competition. He ran for 31 yard on 3 carries. And he also caught 2 passes for 28 yards. So much for that one screen pass.

Like the trade with Denver though.

I don't like the Calhoun pick though. I don't like him at all and I think he will be a bust in the pros.

I like the Devin Hester and Charlie Whitehurst picks.

It's not too realistic though. I'd grade it a C.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Nike here. I think everyone is too high on Calhoun for the first, and DeAngelo will not be a bust.

The trade isvery interesting, and very possible, but i dont want it. Id rather take d'brickashaw with the 4, and trade abraham with some picks and get back into the first.

Its a very interesting idea though, and i like the hester pick, and whitehurst too but i doubt we will trade law, though we should.

Grade: B- you took a risk with that broncos trade, and us fans could have torn u apart, but i personalyl appriciate that sort of thinking.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guards almost never go in the 1st and Seattle is going to be able to retain Steve Hutchinson so your trade is pretty much a moot point because it's very unlikely he goes in the 1st round.

Mangold is a good pick, Calhoun is a terrible pick. He's under 200 pounds!

Greg Blue plays FS, not corner so he wouldn't be picked anyway, but Hester and Gordon are both terrible. We need a reliable dime back later in the draft like Tim Jennings or Marcus Maxey.

Adeyanju does not fit the 3-4.

Hoyte is a good pick.

Whitehurst is not a good pick--no rookie QB's this season.

Round 5 you'd be thinking of someone like Charlton Keith from Kansas.

Round 6 we have enough safety depth as it is. Andre Maddox, Rashad Washington, and Oliver Celestin. And no need to draft a FB even though Sowell will be gone, B.J. Askew is going to be a beast.

Rather a tall WR like Matt Trannon who can be a redzone threat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: