Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kurt Warner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvilma51

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Kurt Warner Reply with quote

Would anybody think Kurt Warner would be a good idea to sign for cheap to be a backup to Pennington?

Props to jgoldiscool
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not even a free agent. Arizona likes Warner as well. Denny Green thinks he can succeed with him.
jvilma51

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
He's not even a free agent. Arizona likes Warner as well. Denny Green thinks he can succeed with him.

Woops! I was reading somewhere that he was going to be a free agent. NVM

Props to jgoldiscool
Spiel612

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it seems I may be mistaken. I thought I had read that he had already signed a deal.

But as it is he won't go anywhere, the Cards are in excellent cap situation, best in the league with the Browns. Denny Green likes Warner and he needs a vet there.
jonyankee1nyj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd rather get a little younger with either collins or kitna, kitna has a lot of talent if u saw the steeler game he didn't look so bad off the bench with no warning, against a great defense lik the steeelrs.
jvilma51

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonyankee1nyj wrote:
i'd rather get a little younger with either collins or kitna, kitna has a lot of talent if u saw the steeler game he didn't look so bad off the bench with no warning, against a great defense lik the steeelrs.

Kitna definitely would b a good idea!

Props to jgoldiscool
ihavenothing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitna is crap. He looked good at first against the Steelers, but as soon as the second half started, he looked like Tommey Maddox, an old man who was confused. I'd rather have Trent Dilfer than Kitna.

Thanks to kdawg24 for the sig
Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
shortnproud52

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonyankee1nyj wrote:
Get younger with Collins or Kitna?

I would hate to have Kerry Collins...Kitna I wouldn't mind. He's not the greatest, but you can't expect a great QB as a backup. He's about as good as backups get. Warner would be even better if we could get him.
minivinny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Free Agency for the Quarterbacks are extremely weak. And not to mention, they are all old. The Jets will not get rid of Fiedler because we will probably restructure his contract. Fiedler would be cool with that because he is a New York boy and he wants to stay.
Spiel612

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minivinny wrote:
The Free Agency for the Quarterbacks are extremely weak. And not to mention, they are all old. The Jets will not get rid of Fiedler because we will probably restructure his contract. Fiedler would be cool with that because he is a New York boy and he wants to stay.

The problem with Fiedler is people are worried about his arm strength after his dislocated shoulder.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihavenothing wrote:
Kitna is crap. He looked good at first against the Steelers, but as soon as the second half started, he looked like Tommey Maddox, an old man who was confused. I'd rather have Trent Dilfer than Kitna.

its kinda hard coming off the bench during a playoff game against your rival team after not playing for 2 years. he had a great season before the job was given to palmer and id love for the jets to pick him up if they could.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to go after a younger guy instead of a vet back-up. Jon Kitna has never really impressed me but i know he is a competitor. Kerry Collins? are we overcompensating him because he's got a canon for an arm? I'd like to roll the dice and take someone who has been undervalued that we can trade a late pick or Mccariens/Blaylock for. Drew Henson would be a good gamble. Matt Schaub would be incredible and we all know David Garrard wants a place to play
chadcke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitan is clearly the the best FA QB the Jets could bring into the fold this offseason. They need a vet so they either stick w/ Fiedler or go to FA. My vote is for Kitna - he's had some pretty good years and a pro-bowl 03 before losing his starting position to Palmer. Plus Kitna is durable!

Fiedler is 1 million on the cap in 2006. I think if we could get Kitna for close to that price - you do it!

Chris Simms = RFA (have to give up draft picks- not sure of comp)
Drew Brees = UFA (expensive to sign)
J. Kitna = UFA (least expensive salary wise no impact on draft).

The big question is will the Bengals let him hit Free Agency with Palmer's knee condition? The Chargers will sign Brees and keep Rivers as they are way under the Cap. I'm not sure of the Bengals Cap situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: