Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens likely to lose most of their UFAs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Ravens likely to lose most of their UFAs Reply with quote

According the baltimore sun, they expect the majority of our UFAs not to return. Rabach has already accepted an invitation to visit the redskins and he will likely have a heavy price tag for us to resign. Bennie Anderson, Travis Taylor, Ed Hartwell, and Jamel White are also not expected to be returning. It looks like Baxter will be our only major free agent returning to us. Im disappointed that we will likely lose Rabach. Hes only 26 or 27 years old and is a solid starter at both C and G. With Anderson and Rabach leaving we now have one of the oldest Olines in the league. We need to fuse some talented youth into this Oline group now. Drafting atleast 1 first day linemen is a must i think and we must come out with 2 in the first 5 rounds not to mention signing a maybe 2 top FAs(Jonas Jennings, Kareem McKenzie, Bob Whitefield, etc)
mic79e

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can address the offensive line by signing free agents (Jennings is good because he is only 27) and drafting a few prospects to groom. I think if we can pick three guys in the draft, maybe one on the first day and two on the second day, then we will be in good shape.

I think we can get a top RT prospect in the 3rd round, after teams have gone after the guys who can (or they think can) play on the left side. Then there will be solid guards and centers in rounds 5, 6 and 7, since those are overlooked positions as well.

The three I like are:

RT -- Ray Willis
G -- Steve Subia
C -- Richie Incognito

But there are plenty of good prospects especially at center.

In free agency, I’d be happy with Kareem McKenzie, but Bob Whitfield is really old and definitely not a starter.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incognito would be great, except he suffered what appeared to be a seriouls knee injury at the combine.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.”
mic79e

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard mixed reports about how serious it was, so it mightn't be that bad.

The only thing is I had him as our 6th round pick. After his great workout he’s now on everyone’s radar, and might go a lot higher
raven5255

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i throught incongnito just had a strained knee while he was an agility drill. i didnt think it was going to be to serious.
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would forget Baxter and go get Smoot. Him and McCalister together. That would be good.
mic79e

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the front office will look to re-sign Baxter, but with all the other options out there they won't overpay for him.

I hope we can bring him back.
raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man do you guys realize we have the most top FAs? Rabahc(already gone) Baxter, Hartwell, and Douglas are all on ESPNs top 32 free agent list. plus we will lose anderson and taylor, we better get some nice compensatory picks next year for the draft.
mic79e

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True.

But here's an interesting point. Probably none of those guys is the best at their position for Baltimore. Goes to show that the Ravens have a lot of talent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: