You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Lloyd

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Brandon Lloyd Reply with quote

We know the Eagles need a new WR, but we don't know who it's going to be. It seems everyones name has been thrown out there, but you haven't heard the name Brandon Lloyd a whole lot. That's probally because he's a restricted free agent, people don't want to give up a pick for him, but the kid is an amazing football player and I think the Eagles should take a good look at him. Lloyd is very underrated. People look at his stats and assume he isn't that good. Well, he plays for San Fransisco, arguably the worst offense in the NFL. The past 2 seasons, Lloyd has put up these numbers...

2004 - 43 receptions, 565 yards, 13.1 average, 6 TDs
2005 - 48 receptions, 733 yards, 15.3 average, 5 TDs

Now those are pretty decent stats considering San Fransisco has no run game, no offensive line and no QB (Alex Smith sucked his rookie year). I got a chance to watch a few 49ers games this year, and Lloyd was pretty impressive. He seemed to be open on every play, but the QB just couldn't get the ball to him. Also, Brandon Lloyd has a pair of the best hands in the league.

I think he would work very well in the Eagles spread offense. With McNabb throwing him the ball, he might finally get some recognition. He reminds me of a Reggie Brown as far as playing ability goes, and having 2 Reggie's wouldn't be a bad thing at all. The only problem I can see with Llyod is that he is a RFA, and the 49ers could match our offer. If they don't, then they get compensation of about a 4th round pick, maybe a 3rd. My question to you is, is he worth it?

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
kingmatt1212

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow great post, i havent heard his name much. How high of a pick do you think we would have to give for him?
Phreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingmatt1212 wrote:
Wow great post, i havent heard his name much. How high of a pick do you think we would have to give for him?

I know last year when Westbrook became a restricted free agent, there was a 3rd round compensation on him. Westbrook has been a lot more successful here in Philly than Lloyd has been in San Fransisco, so it's hard to say. I'm going to guess that it will take a 4th rounder, but that's all I'm doing, is guessing. We'll see in a few weeks what the compensation is.

EDIT: I heard from a friend that there is a 5th round compensation on him.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
BDawkKid20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say maybe Marty will give him a rousing recomendation too, but he wasnt with the 49ers in 2003 when Lloyd was drafted.......he still probably will anyway.
lnelms2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Brandon Lloyd Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
My question to you is, is he worth it?

YES!!!
I said this in another post, but I believe he is an awesome receiver. He does remind me a lot of Reggie B, and his hands are incredible plus he makes plays after the catch. I'd rather have him than any other WR available.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No real interest in Lloyd, shys away from contact, we already have Todd Pinkston.
thedynasty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
No real interest in Lloyd, shys away from contact, we already have Todd Pinkston.

this is very true, i follow the niners and Lloyd WONT go over the middle and isnt extremely fast. he has great hands but he is kinda like todd pinkston. they're both skinny guys who you wont ever see making a catch over the middle. i know the coaches have had some problems with him in the locker room, i'm not sure whether they're gonna sign him but i'd say yes because he is the niners best WR
goose85

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His value is there, and for the right money also. Incredible hands and concentration reminds me of a young Chris Carter. Ive been saying for awhile a LLoyd Brown combination could be great for a long time. The niners and LLoyd seem far away on a deal, and have already given WR Arnez Battle a contract extension.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been praising him as the WR we should be going after for the past couple of weeks. WC offence helps his learning curve in Philly and I believe he would be way better than anything we draft in the 5th round.

Thanks EAtotheGLE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: