Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

new OL coach

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
alabama_man7


Joined: 01 Feb 2006
Posts: 3908
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: new OL coach Reply with quote

Falcons jst signed Tony Cable Offensive Coordinater from UCLA. He is consider one of the best OL coaches in the country. R u guys happy with this move, and does it mean we are going to change our scheme and get bigger linemen?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it doesn't mean a change in scheme if anythng it means better pass blockign and a guy who can pick up Gibbs scheme quickly so that gibbs can retire and we can run a scheme with talented guys who are all around 290-310 pounds. but this guy speializes in pass blockign and will help the team a lot mroe than hurt it.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MadAtFalcons


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 5586
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
no it doesn't mean a change in scheme if anythng it means better pass blockign and a guy who can pick up Gibbs scheme quickly so that gibbs can retire and we can run a scheme with talented guys who are all around 290-310 pounds. but this guy speializes in pass blockign and will help the team a lot mroe than hurt it.

I dunno much about him. Can he help the run blocking at all? You know considering were kindof a team that specializes in the run Cough (first ranked in NFL) cough I would think that would be of some importance.
_________________

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbs is still here as a "Consultant" and shoudl have the run game understood to at elast barone and Cable by the tiem he leaves.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MadAtFalcons


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 5586
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Gibbs is still here as a "Consultant" and shoudl have the run game understood to at elast barone and Cable by the tiem he leaves.

? You misspelled a lot of words. I dont know what you were trying to say. wanna type it again, a little slower.
_________________

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
D-Rod


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 628
Location: London
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't give scar that banter... Wink
_________________

London branch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadAtFalcons wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Gibbs is still here as a "Consultant" and shoudl have the run game understood to at elast barone and Cable by the tiem he leaves.

? You misspelled a lot of words. I dont know what you were trying to say. wanna type it again, a little slower.


Gibbs is still here as a "Consultant" and shoudl have the run game understood to at least barone and Cable by the time he leaves.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
D-Rod


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 628
Location: London
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this could be the perfect overlap of gibbs' zone blocking, with a little extra pass protection...

plus we won't have to worry about gibbs coming back each year...
_________________

London branch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MadAtFalcons


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 5586
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Gibbs is still here as a "Consultant" and shoudl have the run game understood to at elast barone and Cable by the tiem he leaves.

? You misspelled a lot of words. I dont know what you were trying to say. wanna type it again, a little slower.


Gibbs is still here as a "Consultant" and shoudl have the run game understood to at least barone and Cable by the time he leaves.

ohhh. okay. Good point.
_________________

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group