Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WHO Should SKINS Focus On During FREE AGENCY???? DRAFT????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N8DOGGS HOGS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: WHO Should SKINS Focus On During FREE AGENCY???? DRAFT???? Reply with quote

FREE AGENCY

Derrick Mason - WR?
Plaxico Buress - WR?
David Givens - WR?
TJ Houshmandzadeh - WR?
David Patten - WR?
Jermaine Wiggins - TE?
Freddie Jones - TE?
Jay Feeley - K?
Samari Rolle - CB?
Kevin Carter - DE?

OTHER PLAYER...?? NONE??

2005 DRAFT

Braylon Edwards - WR?
Mike Williams - WR?
Heath Miller - TE?
"Pac Man" Jones - CB?
Antrell Rolle - CB?
Erasmus James - DE?
Dan Cody - DE?
Michael Clayton - WR?

OTHER PLAYER...?? Trade UP?? Trade DOWN??

Last edited by N8DOGGS HOGS on Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
WhySkins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freddie jones could be good, he's been solid for a long time in arizona and won't have a big price tag. houshmanzadeh is also a solid choice, and i think rolle is almost a redskins already.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Carter is going to back to the Titans, We need to go and get Ben Hamilton who can play Center/Guard. He is a day one starter at Center and could esily fill either guard position if Thomas / Docherty was injured.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say none of the above. We need a blocking TE, I don't know about Wiggins, but Jones is more of a receiver than blocker. Of all of the others listed except Carter, I think the players we have (ie Smoot, Coles, Hall) are as good or better and we might as well keep/resign them.

I've seen a couple posts saying we need a kicker and a punter. What's that about? What's wrong with Hall and Tupa?

We're going to need to get a WR and a DE, and I'd rather get younger less expensive players from the draft at those positions.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind picking up an End in Free Agency and grabbing a younger one in the draft, its not like we couldn't use an upgrade on either side. Its a shame we are not in a position to make a play at Heath Miller, he is a good blocker and a sure handed reciever. Going afer Bubba Franks as a "Transition" might be worth it but he doesn't block as well as Miller.
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of agree with none of the above also. I would like a raid of the Broncos similar to our raid of the Jets in years past, but one which doesn't involve RFAs.

If we could get Hamilton as mentioned above (good call Riggo) and also Reggie Hayward the DE from Denver, we would be filling our two biggest holes (aside from WR) through FA. A guy I would love them to throw some money at is Anthony Becht. He is a real solid blocker and has reliable hands in the red zone. A guy like Marcus Bell could be had as a huge and fairly young DT that can rotate with Salave'a. Seth Payne is an older version of that.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope we dont get samari rolle he is a guy who is priced very high i say that some of our back up CBs are good enough like harris and we could sign some1 like tj houshmandzada or derek mason and trade gardner and release coles were not getting anything good from him and we could have 2 good WRs and i say we resign antonio peirce
ylayup

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesnt matter, you bums will overpay and lose anyways

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: