Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible Trade Up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e16bball

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Possible Trade Up? Reply with quote

A decent target for trading up IMO is the Titans. They are in the market for a CB or an OT, and they could get better value at 9. Also, they are trying to save some money, so moving down a few spots would allow them to save a few bucks. We could give our 3rd or a future 2nd or perhaps Gardner and a late pick. Any of those options would be worthwhile for me to move up and get Williams. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or how about trading gardner and #9 to Tampa Bay for their 5th pick?...maybe sweeten the deal with a late round pick this year or next...
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we pick up a pass rusher in FA, I'm all for going up.
N8DOGGS HOGS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think WR is by far the Skins biggest need, more so than a pass rushing DE! We need some playmakers on offense other than Portis! We helped our O Line out big time, now we need a big time playmaker, or two! Smile
Blknite01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it would be a good pick-up as I aslo think we need a Playmaking WR than a Playmaking DE but they are both important. I really like Okeafor and if we get him or another DE this would really work. San Diego is a danger to trade up to get a WR if they don't get one in FA.
e16bball

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to SD moving up, I have heard good things about that. AJ Smith, their GM, is a big fan of stockpiling players through the draft, and seems more likely to get a defensive player at 12 (Marcus Spears or Shawne Merriman probably) and then looking for a WR like Mark Clayton or Roddy White at 28.

They don't have a real need for Williams, because, even though their fans get real jazzed up about having both him and Gates, there is no need for two such receivers. Edwards is the only one they would really covet, IMO. They could also take Williamson at 12, now that I come to think of it.

I'm worried about the Bucs. I'm pretty sure that talk about promising Mike at number 5 is straight speculation, but they just cut Jurevicius and that bothers me. I still think they will take Cadillac, but I'm nervous.
Blknite01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only semi worried about Tampa, I do think they will get Caddy or Ronnie. I doubt they will take a WR scince they have a few bigger holes than WR and most likely have a long-term guy in Clayton.

But you never know many things could happen.
e16bball

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thing about Tampa is that they already have the big, kind of slow receiver in Clayton. Williams doesn't seem to be a good fit for them. Plus with the combined age of Alstott, Garner, and Pittman being somewhere around 10000 I think a RB is best. But who knows? Whispers Around the League on espn.com says they promised Williams...that's probably [inappropriate/removed] though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: