You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I saw Mike Williams............

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titangreins

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: I saw Mike Williams............ Reply with quote

I was watching the combine on NFLNetwork, BTW great channel, and watching the WR run the 40 when Mike Williams show up and runs. WHich he was not scheduled to workout, just to get measured and weighed. Man, he is HUGE for a WR, like 6'4", 229 Ibs, all thighs and shoulders. Ran a 4.6ish, not a good time by WR standards, but for his size not so bad. However, he sat down and interviewed with T Davis and Rich Eisen, he said spoke with all 32 teams and when talking to teams things were going great until they asked him about working out and he stated he has a pro day scheduled for March 10th in Florida and wasn't going to workout in Indy. He said the mood of the room changed, scouts and GM's didn't like the fact that he wasn't working out at the combine. He said he literally woke up Sunday morning decided he was going to run the 40 and had to go find a pair on size 13 track shoes, borrowed someone's shoes and ran the 40. I still want him at #6, but don't think he'll go that high. Also, BEdwards impressed me at WR. Benched 225 22 reps, much stronger than I thought.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Williams will run better at his pro day. There are many reasons why he ran bad at the combine. Greins mentioned one and I also heard he hadn't trained being in a three point stance yet which made him somewhat uncomfortable. An extra 10 days of training could easily shave off about .05 of a second. I really respect Williams for having enough nads to run even though he wasn't expecting to.

Braylon Edwards had a great combine, but something about him just scares me. There are several small things that bother me like attitude, inconsistency,hands, and some calling him a system WR.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Bongo posted that we won't draft Williams unless Chow can convince Reese to take him. I hope Chow was on the debate team in highschool. Laughing

Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Racial sterotype coming* He's Chinese..of course he was on the debate team. lol naw..but MW is looking like more and more of a second coming of Keyshawn Johnson...
titangreins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluckthebeast wrote:
I think Williams will run better at his pro day. There are many reasons why he ran bad at the combine. Greins mentioned one and I also heard he hadn't trained being in a three point stance yet which made him somewhat uncomfortable. An extra 10 days of training could easily shave off about .05 of a second. I really respect Williams for having enough nads to run even though he wasn't expecting to.

Braylon Edwards had a great combine, but something about him just scares me. There are several small things that bother me like attitude, inconsistency,hands, and some calling him a system WR.

Ya, took a big sack for sure to run. He WAS having problems with the 3 pt stance, MOF the first time he ran, he kept starting and getting stopped, at least 3 times it happened. Can you imagine TyCal, Bennett and MWilliams lining up at WR. Average of like 6'4" between them
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you can add in Troupe, Kinney, and Flemming. That's one heck of a recieving corp.

Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True... Hope Mac is healthy enoguh to hit em...
titangreins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bongo also said that Crennel "studied" DJ.....
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i heard that too. He was defenantly staring down DJ.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: