Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

trade with niners!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

trade with niners
yes
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
no
97%
 97%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 48

James Trucks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we'll have to worry about it b/c #1 neither receiver will be there at #11, #2 we need to many players to trade up and lose picks, and #3 we need to bolster our D. I'd say Marcus Spears and Shaun Cody are the front runners for our first 2 picks....or maybe Merriman at #20.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you so confident that both Edwards and Williams will be gone? Nothing is for certain at this point.

Suppose Washigton signs a free agent WR before the draft. They wouldn't draft Williams in that case because they'd want to focus on other areas.

Or suppose they trade down, switching with a team looking for a d-lineman. Same result.

Or, what if they stay where they are and take the best O-lineman on the board? Gibbs has said he's going to address the o-line in the offseason. And since the free agent o-linemen will be more expensive than many of the WR's (and since the Redskins don't have much cap room left), drafting o-line and signing a free agent WR makes more sense. It also keeps up with the Dan Snyder mold of getting a high profile skill player in the offseason.

Basically, nothing is for sure until the combines are finished and free agency opens.
martisius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, maybe we should give them all our picks? uh NO! Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Crying or Very sad Embarassed Razz Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Arrow Idea Question Exclamation Neutral Mr. Green
CowboyMojo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Edwards vs. Williams Reply with quote

BE is the more polished of the two. When comparing the them I am taking into account the teams they played on. BE had a freshman QB (not a future Heisman winner) & Michigan had very few serious weapons besides BE. The Trojans were loaded with MW, so BE gets the nod on production under those standards. Also, if you compare their routes, hands, & big game production BE gets the nod there too. Combine workouts could alter the perceptions of some, but BE should go before MW this year.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both WR will be gone now thanx to that trade between OAK/MIN

one of the great ones on this site
Superman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike williams is slow
CowboyChris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all this bull about the Defense needs all of the fixing = the offense was pathetic last year = there are players via FA that can help fix the D = and rumor is Dallas is going to spend unlike last year = the offense needs a marque player to go with JJones - we have already done it on D - two years in a row #1 picks in the secondary = now it is time to take a playmaker on Offense - I believe the Boys can sign a DT, FS, LB, and CB in FA and then take a chance on a trade up to snag MWilliams or BEdwards and then draft a DE in round 2 - why in the world Dallas doesn't look at a guy like Price from Denver is beyond me - I'm not saying give up #11 for him, but I'm sure Denver wouldn't mind giving up Price to move up in the 1st round like last year with Cincinnati. The only way Dallas gets better this year is an up-grade on the DL which will make everything that much better on the back 7 = so, with that said - trade #11 and 2nd rounder to move up and draft MW or BE and use #20 on a top flight DE - like Pollack, DCody, JTuck - what do ya think?
jeffrizzle51

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good scenario, but if the o-line can keep Bledsoe on his feet and not on his back, the offense will be just fine. Terry Glenn will be healthy again (he was having a great year before he got hurt), Quincy Morgan will be okay, and Keyshawn, JJones, and Witten were the only bright spots about the offense. If either one of those recievers falls to 11, then you can definitely make a case for taking them, but I don't see it happening. Take Merriman, Spears, Tuck, or either one of the Cody Boys with those first two picks, and hope Roddy White or Mark Clayton falls to the second. Just my personal opinion

Mr. Instant Offense: Rudy Burgess
Last Season: 59 rec. 655 yds. 4 TD; 147 car. 687 yds 6 TD
This Season- 2 games; 9 rec. 153 yds.
JJones21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we trade #20 to the redskins because we all know they will have the worst record next year.

Soup Nazi wrote:
I say Roy will be a good player again next season. You can quote me on that.

I quoted you
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: