Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Henry???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Chris Henry??? Reply with quote

Have any of you evr thought about drafting Chris henry with our # 20 or even with our 2nd round pick

6'5'' fast and one of the youngest

feedback!!

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt mind him with our 2nd pick...i said this subject on another thread some time ago...

i would love to have henry...could be the next moss(literally...on/off the field)

one of the great ones on this site
JLane82288

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about:
4 FAs - rivera, ferguson, sammy knight and henry from the browns

top 3 draft picks - spears, merriman and chris henry

can peterman play RT? if so you have a great line right there for next year

bledsoe
julius
ritchie
key
tg
henry
witten
adams
allen
johnson
rivera
peterman

spears
ferguson
ellis
singleton
james
dat
merriman
newman
henry
roy
knight

any way that could work? not the best but i wouldnt be upset with it
DraftMattJones

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why take 6'5 troublemaker henry in the 2nd when you can trade down and get the faster and taller Matt Jones later in the 2nd and pick up a 3rd while your at it?
CowboysFanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please say no to Henry. He is a bigger head case than AB and I am pretty sure he won't get drafted by Cowboys given that he is not a BP type player.

and I am with the other poster, lets trade down and grab Matt Jones. even don't trade down and take matt jones over henry
shadow walker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP takes pride in dealing with head cases...LT was one of em

one of the great ones on this site
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not put so much faith in Matt Jones, either. I say we get Mike Williams. We know he can play and isn't a headcase.

And with Merriman's stock rising by the day, he may not make it beyond Cleveland. So we may not even have a shot at him.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Henry is around in the 2nd we should draft him but if MW is available at 11 then we should get him

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, if we do enough in free agency between signings and roster trades, we can trade up for him if necessary. I honestly don't care what we need to do, just get him.

I'd be satisfied if we traded Ellis AND Glover if it gave us another 1st rounder (and then some) so we can go with more d-linemen and/or LB's after we pick Mike Williams at #11 (or sooner).

I know that many people disagree with the feeling that we need a lead WR. Well, we haven't had one since Michael Irvin retired. The results have shown the need from that very moment. You have seen our win/loss record since then, right? Not very pleasing to me. Also, if you look at the next 2 years' WR classes, they're not exactly loaded in depth or talent. Dwayne Jarrett and Ted Ginn are the only two potential superstar WR's...and Ginn is more of a punt and kick returner than WR. This year is the time to draft one, and Mike Williams is a freak. Between his size, natural talent, relationship to Keyshawn Johnson, AND our passing on a franchise WR a few years back (no need to name names...but he just went to the Raiders), we NEED to get him now.

If franchise WR's of that calibre only come around every 7 years...well, I'm not willing to wait ANOTHER 7 years for a stud. GET HIM NOW and help bring some damn youth, talent, and balance to an offense that's HORRIBLY thin at WR.

When ESPN analysts AND pro scouts agree that the biggest area of need for Dallas (due to the acquisition of Bledsoe) is a true #1 WR, I'd take their advice sooner than anyone else's. Those guys' careers are in sports and/or the NFL. I think they know a lot more about team needs than we do. So if it's coming from them, there's a lot more need than many people may realize. I'm sure both Jerry and Bill are well aware of this...especially Bill. Keyshawn has probably been barking in Parcells' ear all year to get Mike Williams. Then again, Pete Carroll has probably done a little lobbying as well (he and Parcells are good friends).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: