You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins first three rounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want us picking Blue and here is why.....

Quote:
Blue is a big-hitting strong safety that is high-cut with stiff hips and embarrassingly poor ball skills. Over the course of the last two days, he has dropped at least four potential interceptions during drills. Blue may be best suited to add some bulk and make the move to Will linebacker in the NFL.

Doesnt sound too good to me and deffinately not worth a 2nd round pick.

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
J DeLuXe 33

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettWolfe wrote:
Here's mine...

1.Jon Scott-Mite be there and I think he will.

2.Brodie Croyle- After watching him I think he gives Cutler a run for the 3rd best QB.

3.Greg Blue-I think he falls to the 3rd and we snatch him up, quick.

i think its safe to say we're gonna lose out on cutler so thats pretty much the second best thing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Dafinman in his thought about some team trying to trade up to snag Lendale White. Although I've read quite a few articles about how high Arizona is on White at #10. If he is available at #16 and Cutler is gone, the Fins should definately trade down and get another 2nd rounder or more. It's a deep draft, they need to take advantage and build a dynasty. Also, Greg Blue is not who the Fins need. As someone already stated, he is absolutely terrible in coverage and will project more of a WLB in the NFL. With that being said, I don't disagree with any of the other picks people have had.

1. Trade Down or Best OT available
2. Croyle - really impressive at Senior Bowl Practice
3. Although many people are going safety here, I say LB or BPA
If either of the FSU LBs are here, take one of them. Doubtful though.
I guess if that Safety from Nebraska is still there, take him. He has
looked really good in the Senior Bowl practices.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great input by all...I never had given Croyle or Whitehurst much thought until hearing thier play at the senior bowl. Croyle might end up like Plummer, both kind of thin and look like a regular guys yet can still play. I still think that after the combine and personal workouts Omar Jacobs is going to look like a good prospect. It does look like most of you are on the Jon Scott BAndwagon which is great, but he might play his way out of our pick I hope not I think he might be a better pro the Furgenson. I think with HH as our line coach Any tackle we get will become a success, becasue he will make them one.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why I have not jumped on the Jonathon Scott Bandwagon, is the fear that he will be taken in the 9-14 range very easily. I feel that Zona's o-line is the reason for their troubles, and they may look to take the 2nd rated o-tack with dbrick going early. I'm still hoping Cutler falls, in the idea that teams this year will say... "hey, this isn't our year next year either (Oakland, Detroit, Arizona) maybe we can wait on a Brady Quinn, pick up some great talent at other team needs, and hope we can contend down the road"... any thoughts???
FinMan

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also... what does anyone think about tye hill at 16... I think he can be a shut-down guy, and if we get rid of Madison, theres a chance he starts immediatley... He's looked ready in practice that's for sure!
co_ray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the subject of Tye Hill, at pick 16, after his senior bowl practices, he would be a great pick for us, trade Madison for a 2nd rounder, grab a OL and Croyle, and we would have done pretty good...just another scenario...
HebrewHammer

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Chad Jackson as our second rounder, it's my opinion that no quarterbacks, with maybe the exception of Omar Jacobs, will be taken in round two, which might allow us to get Croyle in the third round, my fifth rated QB prospect.
mr_pappagorgio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: First three rounds Reply with quote

Don't forget about Winston Justice in the first. Scott may be gone but even if Scott is still there Justice may be better. Remember that this is a kid who started at powerhouse USC as a freshman. He has had a few dings and off-field issues but he is a dominant tackle, who without injury or baggage, would be fighting with D'Brick for the top tackle slot. Getting him at 16 would not be a bad thing. A few teams towards the end of the first (Tampa, Denver, New England) could be chomping to get him.

Second round would most likely be Croyle if he follows up very impressive senior week practice with an equally impressive Senior Bowl and combine. If the gap between Croyle and Cutler is minimal the fins would be much better served taking a potential franchise OT in the first and Croyle n the second instead of the reverse with Cutler going to them in the first and best available in the second.

Third round will be defense given the top two go as noted above. Although a fast LB would be nice there may be much better value at DT or CB. Saban may take one of the 2 DTs from LSU if around and Gabe Watson may be hanging in the third still. If they stay with the 3-4 they need a DT who can put pressure up the middle. At corner the two CBs from PSU (Zemitis and Phillips) will both be around. Zemitis has the hype but he may show to be slow come the combine. Phillips is actaully the better of the two and is a good cover guy. Plus there are always small school CBs that are under the mock radar. Maybe Saban even takes a chance on Blackmom from BC to play CB. He is not a true CB (played more WR at BC) but is a great athlete and it worked for Carolina taking the chance on Gamble from OSU. It took him a while to grasp the pro game but he is going to be a very good corner.

There will still be decent LBs in the fourth. I doubt Carpenter is still there but the guy from UCLA would be nice in the 4th.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both the comment about Tye Hill and Chad Jackson. I think that either would be good picks and would add some much needed depth in those areas. Of course, I would love to see Jonathan Scott, Chad Greenway, or Jay Cutler fall to us, but I really don't think that will happen. Other guys that I have been intrigued with are: Bobby Carpenter, Claude Wroten, Manny Lawson, and Tamba Hali. Those guys would be great pickups and one may be around in Round 2. I love Croyle in the 2nd, but here are some other guys that will go later, I have my eye on..
= Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP
= Victor Adeyanju, DE, Indiana
= Reggie McNeal, QB, Texas A&M
= Jonathan Orr, WR, Wisconsin
= Drouzon Quillen, WR, Louisiana-Monroe
= Joe Toledo, OT, Washington
= Anthony Schlegel, ILB, Ohio State
= Kevin Boothe, OG, Cornell
= Kyle Williams, DT, LSU
= Travis Williams, OLB, Auburn
= Brian Iwuh, S, Colorodo
FF Member #1000
c_beiswanger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think after the senior bowl...manny lawson could go in the first round.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Manny will most likely go in the first. But, I think that Wroten could fall to us in the 2nd, which I would expect Saban to pick him up. (He would take over what Vonnie Holliday did last season and would be a good 3-4 DE/DT).

I have heard Manny Lawson's name heard as high as the #6-7 pick going to the 49ers.
FF Member #1000
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manny Lawson at 16 and Greenway and all of our other picks arent there would be great.

Dolphins Fan

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: