Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wesley Woodyard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClockworkOrange

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APushyGuy wrote:
Why can't be just call what we're playing a 4-4-3? lol...

lol Mostly because coaches never really call it such... That and ideally you have a SS that has the versatility to drop back and a front 7 that can stop the run with 7... Unfortunately, we have some issues. We are not stopping the run with 7 and we do not have a pair of safeties worthy of playing time.

Also, in college there is often a falcon back/cougar back... that plays this hybrid position as the center piece of what their defense does.

But yeah we commit to 8 in the box and basically play a 4-4-3 as our base... It works when our front four get up field and penetrate and our front four are doing a good job at doing that for the most part.

AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's a quote from Mike yesterday.

At his press gathering Monday, Shanahan said he is going to find ways to keep Woodyard on the field. Woodyard has too much innate playmaking ability to let rot on the sideline. How Woodyard and D.J. Williams will co-exist, Shanahan wouldn't say. But he did rule out the 3-4 defensive alignment, at least for this year.

So we won'y be going to a 3-4, 2-WILLS 's on the field at one time, hmmm, Think let the re-speculation begin.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

At his press gathering Monday, Shanahan said he is going to find ways to keep Woodyard on the field. Woodyard has too much innate playmaking ability to let rot on the sideline. How Woodyard and D.J. Williams will co-exist, Shanahan wouldn't say. But he did rule out the 3-4 defensive alignment, at least for this year.

So we won'y be going to a 3-4, 2-WILLS 's on the field at one time, hmmm, Think let the re-speculation begin.

Interesting. Another interesting note is that our next 2 opponents are very much running teams, so would a 4-4 Cover 3 alignment rather than a Cover 1 shell be an option?

MUFC OK
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Interesting. Another interesting note is that our next 2 opponents are very much running teams, so would a 4-4 Cover 3 alignment rather than a Cover 1 shell be an option?

I'm thinkin' something like that. Mike won't talk, but having Champ and DJ back will help.
ClockworkOrange

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Yes, but it would not be a cover 3 and leave nothing underneath on the out side.

It will be a 4-3 with a cover one shell with the SS in the box like we have been playing the last 4 weeks. You could call it a 4-4-3 but the coverage would be man on the out side with one safety over the top.

If champ is back, which he should be, he and Bly will be on islands out there with Bly likely getting more attention from the FA, which hopefully will be Barrett not fox or manuel.

The interesting thing about carolina is they only throw to three targets, Smith, Moose, and Jarret, and seldom throw to TEs. They will go to thier FB every once in a while, but they really focus on simple routes and stay away from multiple reciever sets.

This would be a good week to test WW at the SS position (our simplified version) with Barrett over the top.

APushyGuy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll see a similar defense against the Falcons.

I wouldn't suggest a cover-3 shell, carolina tore up the cover-2 on the run, cover-3 would have a lot more problems than we do :p

Props to big_palooka for the sig!
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

You can call in anything you want. Their will be dime packages that function like a 3-4 with a safety in the box. There will be some 3-4 when DJ moves into "Mike". They will do alot of things

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive always like WW's talent. he is a very special player. this was the biggest steal 4 us imo...c'mon he led the sec in tackles his senior year, yes i said the SEC(SouthEasternConference), the best college football conference also imo. He will be a stud for years to come!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
marktheshark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WW, has a ton of talent and is becoming quite a playmaker for us. I'm excited that Shanny wants to keep him on the field. He's probably going to come in on passing down. And that's really all that matters.

We can address the need in the offseason. But if he and Barrett keep progressing this is only going to help is in the offseason.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered what was the meaning of his celebration and if it has something to do with his "horse shoe" tattoo.

Also, does this "Tattoo" or "Scarification" mean something? cuz he's not the only one who have it

On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
ClockworkOrange

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

You can call in anything you want. Their will be dime packages that function like a 3-4 with a safety in the box. There will be some 3-4 when DJ moves into "Mike". They will do alot of things

Those passing plays where they only rush 3 are not the 3-4 that people discuss as a base D. That 3-4 is a two gap scheme with the DL trying to open up spaces for lbers to shoot through.

That prevent 3-4 is still a one gap DL technique and is designed to have the front three penetrate while more cover guys drop into zones.

In Shahan's Monday conference, he talked about that with reporters and he comment with disgust when they brought up a 3-4 scheme and said, "we run something that looks like a 3-4 but that is more of a 3-5, 3-6 and a totally different thing... Don't say 3-4 around here. (laugh)" He is not running a 3-4 scheme here anytime soon.

But you were talking about the coverage scheme...

marktheshark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
I always wondered what was the meaning of his celebration and if it has something to do with his "horse shoe" tattoo.

Also, does this "Tattoo" or "Scarification" mean something? cuz he's not the only one who have it

Have no idea, But I was wondering the something.
Great question for the denver post mail bag!

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11172670

I'm sure if we all send in the same question it's sure to be answered.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^I believe that it is thier fraternity sign. They were likely in the Omega Omega Fraternity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:

Have no idea, But I was wondering the something.
Great question for the denver post mail bag!

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11172670

I'm sure if we all send in the same question it's sure to be answered.

So I googled it real quick, and I found this forum ( not sure if its okay to post a link), but its basically branding like they do with cows, take a hot iron to your arm (or if you dont have one, carve it into your arm). It is a sign for the greek letter Omega, a black fraternity. Pretty badass, huh?

^This guy is our forum mod
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whenmidgetsatak wrote:
It is a sign for the greek letter Omega, a black fraternity. Pretty badass, huh?

Or pretty foolish depending on how you look at it. If I would have branded myself 5-10 years ago with something that I loved back then I would feel pretty dumb about still having that huge scar on my arm today... But if they like it then cool for them...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: