You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Take it for what it's worth.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_SaintsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Take it for what it's worth. Reply with quote

Rumor has it the Saints and Tennessee Titans have been casually discussing potential trade scenarios for the coming draft. With Tennessee biting the bullet this year and trying to fix their cap situation, they would likely prefer to slide down a few spots and pick up future selections so that they can rebuild quickly. The odds of the Titans being a Super Bowl contending team next year are very low and no one player they add will address all their needs. This would be a smart move for the Titans if they are able to pick up some extra picks; however, the question you must ask is…will there be a player on the board at that point that the Saints believe will make enough of an impact during their first season to give up their coveted future draft selections?

http://www.blackandgold.net/site/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=691&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt tennessee will move down 7 spots. I hate when fans from other teams get on this forum. They dont know crap and make rumors. They wont trade 7 spots down maybe 3 or 4 tops. Just get off this site if your not a tennessee fan.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible if the Saints are willing to pay the price. Darren Howard or a few decent picks would be nice.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would sound like the Saints are gettin the best of the trade. Only way we trade down dramatically if is we got 2 first rounders. Last year Chargers basically traded 4 spots back and got another first rounder.
I dont see us tradin with the Saints at all. We wont trade out of the top ten either.
_SaintsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:
I highly doubt tennessee will move down 7 spots. I hate when fans from other teams get on this forum. They dont know crap and make rumors. They wont trade 7 spots down maybe 3 or 4 tops. Just get off this site if your not a tennessee fan.

Hey, I said "Take it for what it's worth".I'm just putting it out there, you don't have to believe it and niether do I.
Titans2004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see a trade happening with the Saints...but i doubt it would involve a current Saints player but instead draft picks...something like their 2nd and 4th this yr and their 2nd next yr...I would have no problem trading out of the top 10 if we get good value...Mark Clayton, Jammal Brown, Carlos Rodgers, Justin Miller, Thomas Davis....a few of these should be around at #15...and with the extra 4th from the trade we can get back into the late 1st if we need to by coupling it with our early 2nd...I think the more likely scenario would be to have a team like SD trade up to #6 and then the Saints or KC trade up to get the defensive guy they want at #12. We would get the Chargers 2nd and 4th and then the Saints 3rd and 5th.
Burton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt players as well, but i can see for draft picks. Saints D is horrible and if we got a player we couldn't afford his salary if he was any good. I can see the saints trading up for DJ since they really need LB help, maybe just for their 1st and 2nd for this year.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt like it. Rolle, Dj, Barron, Williams will have bigger impacts than Rogers, Davis, Brown , and Clayton.
It wont happen. All the picks that we get extra will be worth as the the 6th pick, so we can the sixth pick.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: