Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

can you please give me a list of team needs in order of most import so i can do a good mock draft thanks
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some help please
bigred

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Defense
2. Defense
3. Defense

After that, they should go for........defense. Gee I wonder if numbnuts Polian will realize that when the 1st round pick rolls around this time.

OK a little more specifically:

First round I would probably take the best CB available. I'd love a stud MLB, but none worth drafting will be there. You want names? Miller, Rogers and McFadden come to mind.

Second round, same thing. A good MLB if avail; if not, go CB again, or perhaps a DT if enough value is there.

And in fact, I'd keep that same strat throughout the rest of the draft....
andersong0857

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trade EDGERRIN JAMES is as essential as the Colts franshise ever having a chance in the future of winning the SB. They cannot afford him and they will inevitably be stuck with major cap penalties if they dont do something quick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
racer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEEDS:

MAJOR NEEDS:

1. starting MLB
2. starting CB

MINOR NEEDS

3. 2nd starting CB (assuming they don't resign Nick Harper)
4. starting OLB
5. backup TE (assuming they don't resign Marcus Pollard)
5. starting K
6. starting G
7. starting DT

DEFENSE OVERVIEW:

Most of the defensive problems this year had to do with the cornerbacks and the linebackers. In my opinion, MLB is a much bigger need right now then OLB for the Colts. Starting OLB's Cato June and David Thorton are still young and will likely improve. However, MLB Rob Morris is not and has been nothing but a disapointment in Indy. Unless the Colts decide to move Robert Mathis to OLB, I don't see the Colts drafting a DT or DE in the first two rounds of April's draft. Their defensive ends were very productive and they already have a fair amount of money invested in DT's Montae Reagor and Josh Williams. I also don't see them drafting a safety before the 3rd round because they drafted Bob Sanders and Mike Doss in the 2nd round the last two seasons.

OFFENSIVE OVERVIEW:

The Colts don't need a lot of help on offense. However, the New England playoff loss showed that the Colts are not a very physical team. Thus the Colts could use help at the OG position expecially if they are unable to resign Rick DeMulling. The Colts might also consider drafting a RB in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft if they decide to trade Edgerrin James. However, they did resign Dominic Rhodes to a 2 year, $4.75 contract making a early round RB draft choice unlikely. The Colts will also probably be getting a new kicker via the draft or in free agency because Mike Vanderjagt and the Colts GM Bill Polian are NOT on good terms. Finally, the Colts have a lot of two TE sets and if Marcus Pollard does not resign, they will definitely need to sign a TE to replace him.

I hope this helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: