Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No Smoot, then what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: No Smoot, then what? Reply with quote

It doesn't look like smoot will be with the skins next year. It hurts me to say that but its the truth. With him gone who would be likely to take his place?
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my honest opinion and it's not just some sort of wishful thinking: I think Smoot, AP, and LC will all be back next year. I think eventually we will reach deals with Smoot and AP after they see what their value is on the market, and that the Skins are willing to pay enough to keep them. They both seem like guys who want to stick around, and I think we will offer enough to facilitate that.

Coles, on the other hand, doesn't want to hang around, but I don't think we will find it beneficial to us to make that happen. No trades and no release.

In response to the question, I think we could see Walt Harris replace Smoot as the starter. Then we could target a nickel style corner like Nick Harper or Renaldo Hill in FA. Or, we could go after a younger starting corner like Anthony Henry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: