Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question for Scar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Achilles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Question for Scar? Reply with quote

Hey Scar, I'm doing a mock draft and was wondering that with the recent declaring of Ko Simpson who do you prefer?
Michael Huff
Darnell Bing
Ko Simpson
or
Lawrence Maroney

please help

to all the other falcon fans feel free to post your opinions as well, i just asked scar because he's always stating his opinion in the mock section.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that the Falcons front office will have them in thsi ordeR:
Mike Huff
Ko Simpson
Laurence Maroney
Darnell Bing.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Achilles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
warricka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Saftey Reply with quote

I would love to have Huff but I don't think he will be left. What about Greg Blue?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Saftey Reply with quote

warricka wrote:
I would love to have Huff but I don't think he will be left. What about Greg Blue?

hje is a second day proispect. he absolutely SUCKS in coverage.

atlfan07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXACTLY I DONT THINK HUFF WILL AST THAT LONG I SAY WE TAKE MARONEY ANY WAY AND THEN TAKE MINTER IN THE 2ND ROUND.
Falcons Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar still spreading the anti-UGA bias. Blue is a 2nd round prospect scar & you and other GT fans just hate to admit it. Blue will be drafted late 2nd round for his strengths in hitting and run support. He's going to run a low 4.4 at the combine or pro day & he's going to get drafted by a team that needs a physical, punishing, run-stuffing safety. His coverage liability can be coached. He did improve his coverage this year & he will be able to cover most NFL TE's. He's easily 2nd/early 3rd round & not a 2nd day project.

To answer the original question though....I believe the Falcons will end up ranking in this order:

Huff
Maroney
Simpson - top 32, but graded below their #15 pick
Bing - 2nd round
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate UGA. wherever you got that is completely wron.g I don't think greg blue will be a good NFL safety. period. and I definately don't think he is worth a first day pick. Minter 2nd orudner I woudl love to haveh im. Pollack, I wanted him more than nay other player in the draft last year BECAUSE he was the local boy.

TheIncomparable

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
I don't hate UGA. wherever you got that is completely wron.g I don't think greg blue will be a good NFL safety. period. and I definately don't think he is worth a first day pick. Minter 2nd orudner I woudl love to haveh im. Pollack, I wanted him more than nay other player in the draft last year BECAUSE he was the local boy.

In fact it is the opposite from what that guy thinks. I have had long discussions with Scar about Greg Blue as I am a UGA alum & fan. Blue might go in the 2nd round, but it will most likely be to convert him to a LB. Coverage instincts and awareness cannot be taught or else a lot of the guys who suck at it in the NFL would be much better. The guys who could cover great in college can cover great in the NFL because it is like a built in intelligence for football & it's flow and direction. Why is it other UGA fans call people bias for dissing Blue when he has played so terrible in big games this year? He may run a low 4.4, but expect his agility & quickness numbers to be less than stellar at the Combine. He lacks the fluid hips you need for man coverage, the ball skills you need for zone coverage, and the general awareness you need to play Safety.

Props to Scar for the sweetest sig on the site!
William_Ohms

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I think watkins and blue are very much alike though... Watkins is overated IMO I see them both going late 3rd early 4th

07 Recruiting Preview
Updated 12/27
Teams:
Seminoles, Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Thrashers
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William_Ohms wrote:
I agree I think watkins and blue are very much alike though... Watkins is overated IMO I see them both going late 3rd early 4th

actually after watching Watkins he is a great run stopper but he is very good in zone coverage at the safety range. he also has a nose for the ball. but what Watkins can't do is cover aguy man on man. so if we get him we may go to a more cover 2 scheme like what Donatell learned from when he was Kiffin's DB coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: