You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good news - Titans to have $10 million for Free Agents.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titansfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Good news - Titans to have $10 million for Free Agents. Reply with quote

Here is an article that states that we could have $10 million to hit the Free Agency with. This could be a little less or it could even be a little higher according to General Manager Floyd Reese it just depends on how some things work out....

Great news for us after cap troubles over the previous couple of years.....

Titans to have $10 million for Free Agents

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
luke1705

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but remember that that includes mcnair and vanden bosch, so we will probably just go out and sign a receiver, i dont see us having really much cash at all
Titansfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say we could go out and get everyone we want.... I just said it was an upgrade from the past couple of seasons and having this for us is great considering the past couple of years we have had... We will have something this off - season..... It's an upgrade.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
TheRealBigTimer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it just depends whats in the cards right now, what can we do with 10 Mil?

First Peyton Manning, now this. What a shocking offseason.
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that ten million over with or with out hopkins and olson and a few of the other guys we will be releasing (aka tank, kassel, and/or thompson....some of those guys may actually be FAs so pardon me if im wrong)

if McNair for some reason does not remain a titan (funny/scary thought aint it)....do you think the pick of young is as solidified as it probably is now

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
TheRealBigTimer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think if McNair is gone, then we need to trade up for Leinart. He is the more Pro Ready of the QB's...

First Peyton Manning, now this. What a shocking offseason.
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i donno if thats what we will do.....(or should do).....i would rather trade DOWN for cutler and some more picks.....but im saying what the titans will do if mcnair isnt with us next year

STATION!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If McNair isn't here in 2006 we won't win 3 games with our schedule. You can say hello to Adrian Peterson in 2007.
PacAttack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealBigTimer wrote:
Actually, I think if McNair is gone, then we need to trade up for Leinart. He is the more Pro Ready of the QB's...

We are sill not in a position to be trading up. We need every one of our draft picks to help solidify certain positions and to add depth to others. Trading up to get Leinart would only cause us to not fill certain needs and we definetely have some needs.

We would still draft Vince and let him sit and learn while leaving Volek to lead this team next year. Vince could then possibly step up and take the reigns the following year, dependig on his progress. We would almost definetely struggle behind Volek, but it could also improve his stock. We could then trade him for a descent pick for next year's draft. Not to mention, we would probably end up with another high pick again for next year.

But any sense, I fully expect McNair to be back next year so this post should prove irrelevant.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
titans will return

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah dont see McNair going anywhere,and noone answered Shaved's question,about who it was including

I think the Titans will try and try and re-sign Tank,will deffinately re-sign KVB,and hopefully Hartwig
and most likely out the door:Hopkins,Olson,,Sirmon,maybe a Tank,and well alot more probably
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that didnt really answer the question....the question is does that number (the ten million under) reflect the releife from all these guys we are going to release/not resign.....

PacAttack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way that I interpreted what Reese said is that at the START of the offseason we will be 10 under. That means, I believe, before resigning anybody or releasing anybody. So before McNair or KVB resigns, or before the release of Tank or Sirmon (for example) we will be 10 million under. Does that help clarify, maybe?... Think

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
titans will return

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that gives me more of a point where I think we will be in the Cap,cause we will save money be restructuring McNair,and by releasing Olson,and Hopkins,maybe a Sirmon,MAYBE Tank,and then resigning KVB and Hartwig
luke1705

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that the ten million figure didnt include mcnairs contract or KVB's contract, but i did think for some reason that it did include some imminent releases (olson) and i think we will keep sirmon and tank, so all i see us doing is MAYBE getting a MLB but i doubt it, definitely a joe jurevicious type guy but thats pretty much it

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: