You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Culpepper to Miami
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishfan79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade Ricky for him. But I wouldnt trade a 1st rounder for him.

Yes he is a Pro Bowl QB and two years ago was one of the best but he blew out that knee really really badly.

I cant see him coming backa nd being the same old Culpepper there.

But he is from florida so I am sure he would like to come back here.
SFranklin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I like DC very much..

Right now we're in a very good situation. We have 7 picks in the upcoming draft. And along with that we're in position to add some quality players through free agency.

Adding DC would be a good short term solution to our problems. He's a good player and a good leader.

But along with the talents he brings he would most likely handicap our options this off-season. Not only will Minnesota most likely be asking for our 1st pick. But he also will take away any chances we had at having some decent cap room.

So wieghing the pros and the cons. And adding to that (NOTHING BIG) but something to mention. He's coming off a season ending knee injury. And he also got in trouble this past year. Like I said its nothing big but its worth noting. But wieghing the pros and the cons i'd say we're better off not trading for him. UNLESS..it were for a very low pick.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not. I like the way Saben is trying to build a team to win for many years not for a couple. Culpepper would be expensive and probally cost us a first round pick. No Culpepper in Miami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be honest here... I dont think that the Dolphins will challenge for a championship next year... Im not even sure they will make the Playoffs... I DO think that they are going in the right direction (FOR SURE)!!! But I think they are about 2 years away from being a real contender... I think there is a chance that we win less than 9 games next year, but keep moving in the right direction. Culpepper, in my opinion, will be a quick fix. He will lead us to a playoff berth but probably wont get too far. 4 years from now when he starts to decline we will be looking for a new QB, again. Over the 4 years that he plays well, will we win it all? I dont think so, but I would hope so. I just dont think, when it is all said and done, that he is the right guy. Now if the Bengals wanna give us Carson..... Very Happy
NYCphinfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well b/c of the salary cap you can only forcast 3-4 years in this league. If Culpepper can potentially lead us to the Superbowl in that time frame we have to give it some thought. Hey right now I am on the fence, it's too early to tell what will happen (hell we haven't even seen the senior bowl yet) but I am open to the idea of bringing in Culpepper.

bigups to thesickness89 for the sig

"Not picking Brady Quinn was the best pick of the first round"
quagmire06

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like right now the Culpepper to Miami deal is not going to Happen. However Culpepper and a 2nd RD Pick to Arizona for Adrian Wilson and their 10th overall pick might happen. was on espn today. as a vikings fan, you should be glad you're not getting culpepper.
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want him. He will cost alot for a guy that never played without Moss till this season.

Dolphins Fan
dolphin fan 13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that would be pretty cool and instead of drafting a QB in the first round we can focus on something elso like to improve our line our our defence more

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: