Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Terrell gone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holla005

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: David Terrell gone Reply with quote

How about this finally the busted first round pick is gone, clear the way for mike williams
redwing5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where to, where did you hear this, what is the source, for what, was he released? Please answer those questions in your post. Since you didn't someone, namely holla005, please answer those questions. Thanks for the good news! Very Happy
holla005

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My source is chicagobears.com and he was released
redwing5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
USNinc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

haha
The Revolution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll shed a tear for our departed former 1st round pick....nah maybe I'll just go hit the boats Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
USNinc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should say they play to grab a WR early. Edwards has the Terrell syndrome on his back, while Williams has the slow tag.
Lets_Play_2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Braylon Edwards got high reviews at the Combine. There's some people saying he'll be the 1st WR selected.

Now, the real question is what team(s) that really need a #1 WR are willing to trade up to at least the #4 pick.

Vikings?
Redskins?
Ravens?

Jerry Angelo has to just be salivating over the potential deals with the Bears holding the #4 pick. This is going to be fun to watch.
purdueman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: David Terrell gone Reply with quote

[quote="holla005"]How about this finally the busted first round pick is gone, clear the way for mike williams[/quote]

Mike Williams isn't the answer; Bears don't need another possession receiver (Williams lacks the burner speed needed to justify the Bears taking him this high).

What the Bears need is Brown from Auburn. Turner's moving to a run oriented offense and if Thomas Jones goes down, it will be just like last year when Grossman went out... you think the Bears can win ANY games with Adrian Peterson as the feature back? I sure don't!
purdueman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lets_Play_2"]Looks like Braylon Edwards got high reviews at the Combine. There's some people saying he'll be the 1st WR selected.

Now, the real question is what team(s) that really need a #1 WR are willing to trade up to at least the #4 pick.

Vikings?
Redskins?
Ravens?

Jerry Angelo has to just be salivating over the potential deals with the Bears holding the #4 pick. This is going to be fun to watch.[/quote]
Oh please dear God, not ANOTHER bust from Michigan (Edwards)!

And NO to trading down too; as any NFL scout worth their salt will tell you, you should NEVER trade out of the top 5 picks in the draft if there are potential playmakers still on the board like Brown of Auburn or Benson of Texas. Trade down and we'll likely wind up with the next pot head Salaam and underachieving Haynes again.

We don't need more bodies; we need PLAYMAKERS on offense!
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some stupid reason the whole Terrell thing makes me sad, as much of an idiot as he was I always pulled for the guy.
There is one thing being an idiot and not trying but he always worked very hard he just was to stupid to" get it " .
I hope he goes somewhere with some good vets to help him grow up and realize his potential.
One thing you can not say about Terrell is he didnt have the tools.
If it were up to me I would draft Edwards, he got a standing ovation at the combine when he jumped in line and benched 250LBS. 22 times.
Normally WR dont even do it and people never ever get ovations like that.
Lets_Play_2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by Purdueman:
Quote:
Oh please dear God, not ANOTHER bust from Michigan (Edwards)!

And NO to trading down too; as any NFL scout worth their salt will tell you, you should NEVER trade out of the top 5 picks in the draft if there are potential playmakers still on the board like Brown of Auburn or Benson of Texas. Trade down and we'll likely wind up with the next pot head Salaam and underachieving Haynes again.

We don't need more bodies; we need PLAYMAKERS on offense!

Personally, I thing (now will Terrel gone bye bye) that it will be Mike Williams - assuming he is there at #4.

I only expect the Bears to trade down if Mike Williams is gone. Williams has much in common with Moose, except that he's younger, taller, probably as fast, & runs very nice precise routes (msybe even better than Moose).

Having Williams & Moose at WR automatically makes Grossman a far better QB, because he's just disabled a defense's ability to throw double coverage at both of them. Ron Turner will just be in heaven with opponents having to throw double coverage at both WR's and then having to cope with a 3rd WR going across the middle or somebody comming out of the backfield.

Btw, heard talk that Benson (Texas) looks to be pretty much of a mirror of Thomas Jones, so pass on him at #5. Take a backup RB with the 2nd round pick.
purdueman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Benson vs. Williams vs. Edwards Reply with quote

[quote="Lets_Play_2"]Originally posted by [b]Purdueman[/b]:
[quote]Oh please dear God, not ANOTHER bust from Michigan (Edwards)!

We don't need more bodies; we need PLAYMAKERS on offense![/quote]

Personally, I thing (now will Terrel gone bye bye) that it will be Mike Williams - assuming he is there at #4.

I only expect the Bears to trade down if Mike Williams is gone. Williams has much in common with Moose, except that he's younger, taller, probably as fast, & runs very nice precise routes (msybe even better than Moose).

Having Williams & Moose at WR automatically makes Grossman a far better QB, because he's just disabled a defense's ability to throw double coverage at both of them. Ron Turner will just be in heaven with opponents having to throw double coverage at both WR's and then having to cope with a 3rd WR going across the middle or somebody comming out of the backfield.

Btw, heard talk that Benson (Texas) looks to be pretty much of a mirror of Thomas Jones, so pass on him at #5. Take a backup RB with the 2nd round pick.[/quote]

I'm sold on Ronnie Brown, but agree with you on Benson. Your point is solid as to what Williams could do, but his best assets are size and his uncanny ability to catch balls that would otherwise be uncatchable (I watched him play at USC enough to know.. if it's in his direction, he'll grab it).

The big question is do the Bears coaching staff think that they have the speed receiver to stretch the field in Barrion? If not, then I could see them leaning towards taking Edwards despite his scary Michigan pedigree.

Frankly though, there are enough good receivers projected to be available through the end of the first round of the draft that if it came down to choosing between Edwards or Williams, I'd be inclined to try and trade down and out of the slot and sandbag another high pick that could be used on an outside linebacker before they're all gone (as will be the case if the Bears wait until the 4th round to try and grab one).

Brown #1, Brown's not there, trade down, grab a receiver with the 1st pick, a running back with the 2nd pick and an outside linebacker with the extra pick Angelo would demand in tradng down.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the combine means anything then Edwards is the receiver to pick. But my biggest point is that we need another receiver that can create separation. I don't care if it's through raw speed, size, or just taking the ball away, we have to have someone who can get open. Whoever's best at that is the receiver to take.

That said, I think both positions could be filled in the 2nd round, just not as well.
delakev

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when has the combine meant anything? Do you remember two years ago when the Bears had the 4th pick? Pre-combine Terrell Suggs was thought to be the best defensive player, and even a No. 1 overall before the combine. His 40 time was slow and he dropped to 11 or 12 to the Ravens. The combine cost him some money, but gave the Ravens a defensive warrior. I still remember at the time, everyone was talking about how people complained that Lawrence Taylor had a similar "slow" reputation that cost him pre-draft. I understand that speed is a valuable weapon to a WR, but since when is a "burner" the ultimate WR? Marvin Harrison is fast, but he runs routes better than anyone in the league. Look at the duo in St. Louis. I don't think Williams has to be moved to TE, but look at what Tony Gonzales and Antonio Gates have done. Gates does not have burner speed, he just caught everything near him, and no one could match up against him. I do not understand why other people do not see this. Who is going to cover Williams? Especially in the redzone. I agree, if Ronnie Brown is there I do not think you can go wrong, with either, but I would love to see Mike Williams' name called by the Bears that day.

Thanks so much Scar!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: