Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lloyd in the dog house?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
StevePerry


Joined: 25 Sep 2007
Posts: 4316
Location: Phil Spector's basement
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Lloyd in the dog house? Reply with quote

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-14-haugh-brandon-lloyd-bearsnov14,0,4010616.column

Quote:
Instead we have heard about players who have questioned Lloyd's toughness with whispers in the locker room. We have heard how privately nobody in the organization appreciated Lloyd's comment that he was waiting until he was 100 percent to return.

It even has been suggested on a radio show this week that the Bears might consider cutting Lloyd because of frustration over him taking longer than expected to return.

During Lloyd's layoff, after all, he performed his hit at the DuSable Museum of African-American History on Oct. 25 and again Tuesday on WFLD-Ch. 32's morning show. Nobody in the Bears organization has recommended Lloyd curtail his live performances while he's out with an injury, but they haven't gone unnoticed either.


Lloyd was ready to go last week, but apparently Lovie decided to punish him. Nice.

One of the worst locker rooms in the NFL.
_________________


StevePerry wrote:
This guy hammers out more brainless babble than Hemingway on shrooms. The only difference is, people actually read Hemingway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonserinNC


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 5231
Location: Back in the CHIIII
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This goes back to that Drake article that was on here a couple weeks ago
_________________


BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real


Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5337
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Lloyd in the dog house? Reply with quote

StevePerry wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-14-haugh-brandon-lloyd-bearsnov14,0,4010616.column

Quote:
Instead we have heard about players who have questioned Lloyd's toughness with whispers in the locker room. We have heard how privately nobody in the organization appreciated Lloyd's comment that he was waiting until he was 100 percent to return.

It even has been suggested on a radio show this week that the Bears might consider cutting Lloyd because of frustration over him taking longer than expected to return.

During Lloyd's layoff, after all, he performed his hit at the DuSable Museum of African-American History on Oct. 25 and again Tuesday on WFLD-Ch. 32's morning show. Nobody in the Bears organization has recommended Lloyd curtail his live performances while he's out with an injury, but they haven't gone unnoticed either.


Lloyd was ready to go last week, but apparently Lovie decided to punish him. Nice.

One of the worst locker rooms in the NFL.


lol why? lloyd has always been and always will be a knucklehead. i like what the guy has done for us but it seems in this case he may have been putting himself above the team. hmm i've heard that one a few times. 100 %? c'mon Llloyd no one is ever 100 %.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
regoob2


Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 2440
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyd should be gone at the end of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19353
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Lloyd in the dog house? Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
StevePerry wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-14-haugh-brandon-lloyd-bearsnov14,0,4010616.column

Quote:
Instead we have heard about players who have questioned Lloyd's toughness with whispers in the locker room. We have heard how privately nobody in the organization appreciated Lloyd's comment that he was waiting until he was 100 percent to return.

It even has been suggested on a radio show this week that the Bears might consider cutting Lloyd because of frustration over him taking longer than expected to return.

During Lloyd's layoff, after all, he performed his hit at the DuSable Museum of African-American History on Oct. 25 and again Tuesday on WFLD-Ch. 32's morning show. Nobody in the Bears organization has recommended Lloyd curtail his live performances while he's out with an injury, but they haven't gone unnoticed either.


Lloyd was ready to go last week, but apparently Lovie decided to punish him. Nice.

One of the worst locker rooms in the NFL.


lol why? lloyd has always been and always will be a knucklehead. i like what the guy has done for us but it seems in this case he may have been putting himself above the team. hmm i've heard that one a few times. 100 %? c'mon Llloyd no one is ever 100 %.


Well I would be pissed off if I was him.He was ready to play last week and what did Lovie do? He sat him because Bennett could play ST.Lovie is a dope.Lloyd is the best WR on this team by far.I will be glad to have him back out on the field.I dont care what he does as far as his music.As long as he goes out and plays and makes those catches he was making before he was hurt.Thats all I care about.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
madmike44


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 7502
Location: South Loop, Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a prima donna who thinks he's a rapper in a football player's body. I didn't want him at all because of this in the offseason (even though he proved me wrong and actually did good for one game). If he's not going to play hard we don't need him, even if he does make a few acrobatic grabs through out the season. If you can't count on a guy he's not worth it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neckbearded


Joined: 14 Oct 2008
Posts: 377
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lol why? lloyd has always been and always will be a knucklehead. i like what the guy has done for us but it seems in this case he may have been putting himself above the team. hmm i've heard that one a few times. 100 %? c'mon Llloyd no one is ever 100 %.


Quote:
Lloyd should be gone at the end of the year.


Quote:
He's a prima donna who thinks he's a rapper in a football player's body. I didn't want him at all because of this in the offseason (even though he proved me wrong and actually did good for one game). If he's not going to play hard we don't need him, even if he does make a few acrobatic grabs through out the season. If you can't count on a guy he's not worth it.


Yeah, we better cut our best receiver at the end of the year because he waited until he was healthy to play. Going back on the field too early and re-aggravating the injury would have been much better.

Am I the only guy that sees P'nut Tillman get yanked out of every game early or just plain benched because his shoulder hurts? Am I the only guy to notice that Tommie Harris just plain sucks because he hasn't spent enough time resting and strengthening his knee?

1. Marc Colombo (Lovie's interview after the fact stated that he didn't want to wait any longer for him to get healthy)

2. Chris Harris (traded for a 5th because Lovie got his loverboy Archuleta)

3. Mark Bradley (cut because Lovie refused to play him)

All three of those guys were run out of town by Lovie (yes, Lovie, not Angelo) and now "suck" so much that they would be immediate upgrades for our team. All three of those guys had people calling Lovie Smith an idiot when they were shipped out of Chicago. Get ready to add Lloyd to that list. Guess Rashied Davis'll be our #1 next year. *gag*

We Bears fans do not deserve success. Why? Because too many of us are blinded by the retarded "All Bears and Lovie Smith are awesome and everyone cut or traded by the Bears sucks" attitude.

L O V I E
S M I T H
S U C K S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
madmike44


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 7502
Location: South Loop, Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neckbearded wrote:

We Bears fans do not deserve success. Why? Because too many of us are blinded by the retarded "All Bears and Lovie Smith are awesome and everyone cut or traded by the Bears sucks" attitude.

L O V I E
S M I T H
S U C K S


There's a reason Lloyd has been run out of two football towns already...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonserinNC


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 5231
Location: Back in the CHIIII
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neckbearded wrote:


1. Marc Colombo (Lovie's interview after the fact stated that he didn't want to wait any longer for him to get healthy)

2. Chris Harris (traded for a 5th because Lovie got his loverboy Archuleta)

3. Mark Bradley (cut because Lovie refused to play him)



Dude you are wildin out,

Colombo was cut because of health issues and he didnt live up to expectations, yes he starts in Dallas but who cares!! Tait is equal or better anyway

Bradley wouldnt stay healthy either and once again he is doing good for KC but Rasheid Davis has put up games like that before himself and your not giving him the same type of credit.

Chris Harris was a horrible move however, I have said on here for a minute from the Super Bowl game until the draft this year the Bears made all wrong moves.

and as far as Lloyd the receiving corps. would look exactly like it has for most of this year so I dont get your urgency to keep him.
_________________


BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real


Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Neckbearded


Joined: 14 Oct 2008
Posts: 377
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:


Dude you are wildin out,

Colombo was cut because of health issues and he didnt live up to expectations, yes he starts in Dallas but who cares!! Tait is equal or better anyway

Bradley wouldnt stay healthy either and once again he is doing good for KC but Rasheid Davis has put up games like that before himself and your not giving him the same type of credit.

Chris Harris was a horrible move however, I have said on here for a minute from the Super Bowl game until the draft this year the Bears made all wrong moves.

and as far as Lloyd the receiving corps. would look exactly like it has for most of this year so I dont get your urgency to keep him.


No, Tait is not equal or better than Colombo. Like I said "Everyone on the Bears is awesome and everyone they let go sucks." Colombo just re-signed. He's started every game in Dallas since he was picked up for free. Tait is going to have his replacement drafted next year because he's terrible this year.

No, Davis doesn't get credit. You know why? Because he's being made to look good by Kyle Orton. Meanwhile, look what Bradley's had throwing to him this year.

Why would we not keep Lloyd? He's our best receiver. When you're trotting Marty Booker's stinking corpse, Devin Hester with his nothing but go-routes, and Rashied Davis's CFL-belonging butt out there, you don't sit your best wideout because he was smart about his injury. We have one of the 5 worst receiver corps in the NFL. You want to thin it out even further. You must have graduated from the Lovie Smith school of coaching.

The incredibly blind homerism in your post is why I hate my fellow Bear fans and why we deserve to be just like the Lions. Y0ou might as well stick your fingers in your ears and yell "LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU, THE BEARS PLAYERS ARE GREAT, LOVIE SMITH IS GREAT, THE DEFENSE IS GREAT, EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS LALALALALA!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
madmike44


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 7502
Location: South Loop, Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neckbearded wrote:

Your post is why I hate my fellow Bear fans and why we deserve to be just like the Lions.


You have issues Neckbeard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neckbearded


Joined: 14 Oct 2008
Posts: 377
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmike44 wrote:
Neckbearded wrote:

We Bears fans do not deserve success. Why? Because too many of us are blinded by the retarded "All Bears and Lovie Smith are awesome and everyone cut or traded by the Bears sucks" attitude.

L O V I E
S M I T H
S U C K S


There's a reason Lloyd has been run out of two football towns already...

He was run out of one, not two. Washingotn offered a nice deal to get him from the first one. In the second one, he was hurt most of the time.

This year, he has performed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neckbearded


Joined: 14 Oct 2008
Posts: 377
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmike44 wrote:
Neckbearded wrote:

Your post is why I hate my fellow Bear fans and why we deserve to be just like the Lions.


You have issues Neckbeard.

Yes. I have issues with Bears fans so blinded by homerism that they think the goddamned tap water in Chicago is Blue and Orange.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
regoob2


Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 2440
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neckbearded wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:


Dude you are wildin out,

Colombo was cut because of health issues and he didnt live up to expectations, yes he starts in Dallas but who cares!! Tait is equal or better anyway

Bradley wouldnt stay healthy either and once again he is doing good for KC but Rasheid Davis has put up games like that before himself and your not giving him the same type of credit.

Chris Harris was a horrible move however, I have said on here for a minute from the Super Bowl game until the draft this year the Bears made all wrong moves.

and as far as Lloyd the receiving corps. would look exactly like it has for most of this year so I dont get your urgency to keep him.


No, Tait is not equal or better than Colombo. Like I said "Everyone on the Bears is awesome and everyone they let go sucks." Colombo just re-signed. He's started every game in Dallas since he was picked up for free. Tait is going to have his replacement drafted next year because he's terrible this year.

No, Davis doesn't get credit. You know why? Because he's being made to look good by Kyle Orton. Meanwhile, look what Bradley's had throwing to him this year.

Why would we not keep Lloyd? He's our best receiver. When you're trotting Marty Booker's stinking corpse, Devin Hester with his nothing but go-routes, and Rashied Davis's CFL-belonging butt out there, you don't sit your best wideout because he was smart about his injury. We have one of the 5 worst receiver corps in the NFL. You want to thin it out even further. You must have graduated from the Lovie Smith school of coaching.

The incredibly blind homerism in your post is why I hate my fellow Bear fans and why we deserve to be just like the Lions. Y0ou might as well stick your fingers in your ears and yell "LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU, THE BEARS PLAYERS ARE GREAT, LOVIE SMITH IS GREAT, THE DEFENSE IS GREAT, EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS LALALALALA!"
Rolling Eyes This post really brings a lot to the table. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5337
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neckbearded wrote:
Quote:
lol why? lloyd has always been and always will be a knucklehead. i like what the guy has done for us but it seems in this case he may have been putting himself above the team. hmm i've heard that one a few times. 100 %? c'mon Llloyd no one is ever 100 %.


Quote:
Lloyd should be gone at the end of the year.


Quote:
He's a prima donna who thinks he's a rapper in a football player's body. I didn't want him at all because of this in the offseason (even though he proved me wrong and actually did good for one game). If he's not going to play hard we don't need him, even if he does make a few acrobatic grabs through out the season. If you can't count on a guy he's not worth it.


Yeah, we better cut our best receiver at the end of the year because he waited until he was healthy to play. Going back on the field too early and re-aggravating the injury would have been much better.

Am I the only guy that sees P'nut Tillman get yanked out of every game early or just plain benched because his shoulder hurts? Am I the only guy to notice that Tommie Harris just plain sucks because he hasn't spent enough time resting and strengthening his knee?

1. Marc Colombo (Lovie's interview after the fact stated that he didn't want to wait any longer for him to get healthy)

2. Chris Harris (traded for a 5th because Lovie got his loverboy Archuleta)

3. Mark Bradley (cut because Lovie refused to play him)

All three of those guys were run out of town by Lovie (yes, Lovie, not Angelo) and now "suck" so much that they would be immediate upgrades for our team. All three of those guys had people calling Lovie Smith an idiot when they were shipped out of Chicago. Get ready to add Lloyd to that list. Guess Rashied Davis'll be our #1 next year. *gag*

We Bears fans do not deserve success. Why? Because too many of us are blinded by the retarded "All Bears and Lovie Smith are awesome and everyone cut or traded by the Bears sucks" attitude.

L O V I E
S M I T H
S U C K S


I wouldn't call Colombo or Bradley immediate upgrades over what we currently have. Have you seen Dallas's offensive line play this year? Heck they've given up just as many sacks as we have this year, and our o-line is supposed to be bad. Chris Harris, maybe then your talking, but Harris was just as bad in coverage as any of the current guys we have. Does Reggie Wayne's Super Bowl TD ring a bell? Anyways I wouldn't totally blame Lovie for those personnel decisions. Lovie can only do so much, it's Jerry Angelo that has the final say on which player's are or aren't on this team.

Question though, if Lovie Smith sucks so much as you claim he does, then I'd really like to know who you would prefer as our head coach? And don't tell me Singletary or someone like that. I'm talking about guys who were head coaching candidates and available back when Lovie was hired. The only other 2 guys I can think of that were interviewed for this position was Nick Saban Shocked and Russ Grimm, who is not even a head coach yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group