Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Troy Williamson?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFD1717

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Troy Williamson? Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about this guy? I've heard he can run like the wind and that he has pretty good size and hands. What's his attitude like? Will he go over the middle? Does he block? Edwards and Williams will most likely be gone by the 13th pick, so Williamson will probably be the best WR available. Is he worth passing on Alex Barron or Marcus Spears?

Also, what round will Frank Gore go in? Is he a possibility? He was a pretty tough runner and the durability concerns wouldn't be as much of a factor if he splits time with Dominic Davis.
Bullred

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only heard the basics on him. VERY fast with average hands. Not the most physical receiver, but get him into the open and field and GONE. Actually Mel Kiper has Houston taking him in his mock draft. It would be nice to have him opposite Andre. In my opinion Houston will most likely go with defense (preferably one who can get to the quarterback).

As for Gore it is hard to argue with the runningbacks Miami puts out, but it is hard to say on this one. He has shown some promise but two blown knees are hard to overlook. Remember though he had beaten out McGahee before blowing his first knee. Might be worth a late round pick to see how he does in training camp.
seahawks8228

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willamson is amazing oppoiste andre would dominate i say HOU should deffintily take him
texansfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think they need to address their defense in the first two rounds. We can grab a WR and OT in the 3rd round. Williamson would be a nice luxury we can't afford right now. Grabbing a DE like Marcus Spears in the first and then someone like Shazor or Nicholson in the second. Making a few additions could make a huge difference.
Idi Amin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
I really think they need to address their defense in the first two rounds. We can grab a WR and OT in the 3rd round. Williamson would be a nice luxury we can't afford right now. Grabbing a DE like Marcus Spears in the first and then someone like Shazor or Nicholson in the second. Making a few additions could make a huge difference.

I agree, while I am a huge Andre fan and would love to see him get some help on the other side or getting Carr a LT in Barron or Brown, the reality is that they face Indy, an improving Jags offense, and Norm Chow's offense twice a year...they will need a pass rushing end and a coverage safety

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Troy Williamson? Reply with quote

AFD1717 wrote:
Also, what round will Frank Gore go in? Is he a possibility? He was a pretty tough runner and the durability concerns wouldn't be as much of a factor if he splits time with Dominic Davis.

As a life long hurricane fan, I'm pulling for this guy to recover big time...as a true freshmen he avg over 9 ypc...THAT is in fact why Portis left early, he thought that Gore was gonna steal his starting spot, then snap, he tears up his knee, then going into the next year Gore was the starter, when snap, he blows out the other knee and McGahee has his fairy tale season...he seems to have recovered well though considering it takes a couple of years to fully recover from ONE torn knee, and he did it twice....the only reason he left early is cause his mom is sick and needs money for medical expenses.

He ran some [inappropriate/removed] 40 times at miami's pro day though and probably pushed himself out of day 1..he is definately worth a day2 pick on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: