Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ Williams and Ian Gold numbers Question

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
crazyman33


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 620
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: DJ Williams and Ian Gold numbers Question Reply with quote

DJ Williams is #55 and Ian Gold is #52.

In madden 06 (i dont play online, so i dont get the updates or whatever), they have DJ as #52.

So my question is, did DJ switch numbers or did Madden screw it up?
_________________

Kerry Neal- Remember the Name

ziggy19 wrote:
micheal turner is the chargers starting rb next yr and lt will have a new address. remember you heard it here first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan_101


FF Fanatic
Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 13020
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ Williams and Ian Gold numbers Question Reply with quote

crazyman33 wrote:
DJ Williams is #55 and Ian Gold is #52.

In madden 06 (i dont play online, so i dont get the updates or whatever), they have DJ as #52.

So my question is, did DJ switch numbers or did Madden screw it up?


when gold came back, DJ gave him 52 and switched to 55.
_________________
big_palooka wrote:
Lomax taking home the MVP. Good choice. Solid poster and BP hater Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crazyman33


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 620
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ok thanks.

On a sidenot, why did DJ's tackles total get halfed this year? (114 tp 55)
_________________

Kerry Neal- Remember the Name

ziggy19 wrote:
micheal turner is the chargers starting rb next yr and lt will have a new address. remember you heard it here first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan_101


FF Fanatic
Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 13020
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazyman33 wrote:
oh ok thanks.

On a sidenot, why did DJ's tackles total get halfed this year? (114 tp 55)


he was moved to strongside LB to make room for gold, so he always had an extra guy to go through to get the tackle.
_________________
big_palooka wrote:
Lomax taking home the MVP. Good choice. Solid poster and BP hater Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crazyman33


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 620
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh...
_________________

Kerry Neal- Remember the Name

ziggy19 wrote:
micheal turner is the chargers starting rb next yr and lt will have a new address. remember you heard it here first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan_101


FF Fanatic
Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 13020
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazyman33 wrote:
oh...


great post Rolling Eyes

i think most of the broncos organization and the fans expected a big hit to his numbers going into this season, but to be cut in half is a bit disappointing. i thought he was going to show that he was gonna be a great SLB, but it looks like that will take some time.
_________________
big_palooka wrote:
Lomax taking home the MVP. Good choice. Solid poster and BP hater Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncofan48


Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Posts: 1710
Location: Central Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
crazyman33 wrote:
oh...


great post Rolling Eyes

i think most of the broncos organization and the fans expected a big hit to his numbers going into this season, but to be cut in half is a bit disappointing. i thought he was going to show that he was gonna be a great SLB, but it looks like that will take some time.


Hes really only a rookie again though, metaphorically because hes having to learn a whole new position, which happens to be a much tougher one. Next year I predict he'll have a breakout year, with one year at the Sam position and just getting more comfortable with his role in the defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
broncos_fan _from _uk


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 9092
Location: Rockville, MD
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its also the fact that he isnt playing in the nickle this year. thats almost 40% of the plays. multiply his stats by 1.4 and he really had a standout season for Sam who by definition gets fewer tackles.
_________________
When you base your opinions off of facts instead of searching for facts that support your opinions you will find yourself often the contrarian but rarely the fool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group