Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Muhammad changes everything

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Muhammad changes everything Reply with quote

with muhammad at receiver, this is how i believe the offseason should go:

Free Agency(the rest):
Kareem Mackenzie
Brock Huard

Ideal draft would go like this:
Trade down with dallas:
1(12)-WR Mike Williams or RB ronnie brown-praying for the 4.55 to downplay ability and would make a devastating combo with muhammad. Brown and jones would make an awesome 1-2 punch.
1(20)-OT-Jammal Brown-I am praying for Barron at this spot, but i believe that Brown would be a nice stable pick. He is a tackle who could play either side very well, although left side might be more viable as he is a great pass protector but only good run blocker. Doesn't have a mean streak or great work ethic, but with him manning the left, tait could handle the right giving the bears competency on both sides. In the mold of a Kyle turley without the mean streak or drama. Doesn't have the potential of Barron, but the stability he brings is good enough to merit the late first round pick.
2(3Cool-RB-ciatrick Fason- Quenches my thirst for a running back in the early rounds. great size, good speed, excellent receiver, decent blocker. A good all-around RB, like a Ronnie Brown with less explosive skills at this point. Needs polish, but can turn out to be a pretty good back to complement or surpass Jones.

*take baas in 2nd and clarett in 4th if first pick is ronnie brown.

4th round-OG Chris Kemoteau-I hope he is available at this point. I love the character he has. An intense and fiery hawaiian, Kemoteau has a massive size and frame and is as strong as an ox. he has very good athletic ability for his size and is just explosive at the point of attack. he will not be pushed around. has been known to be over aggressive and to lose his cool, but you gotta love that intensity. Kemoteau will embed the image of the bears being a tough team on both sides of the ball.
5th round-ILB Jordan Beck- Smart, intuitive player who sports excellent speed and plays sideline-to-sideline. A playmaker. Brian urlacher-lite. Very lite.
6th round-K-Rhys Lloyd-fun-loving guy who is versatile. 50+ yards with accuracy, and also punts, and kicks off. Nerves of steel.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take Barnes over Jammal Brown
Take any RB over Clarett
I doubt Dalls would make that trade...
DABEARS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah dallas has a lot of needs they wont take it and please no clarett hes another atrain but slower. Finally the bears will have a red zone threat with muhammad.
Los Osos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarett ran a 4.89 40 at the combine!!!
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your kidding about Clarett right, OT can sometimes run faster
redwing5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i hope we don't trade down but if we do, there are teams who are thirsting for a nice young WR aka skins aka vikes and SD may trade up so Mike at 12...not gonna happen but i wish it would.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payton - it's true! In fact, I believe that Tommie Harris ran a 4.65 last year.

Angelo has said the Bears won't trade down and that the pick will go to offense. So to me it looks like the serious options have to be:
Braylon Edwards
Mike WIlliams
Ronnie Brown
in no order.

Adding any of these will make the offense a lot better then last year and give actual depth to WR or RB.
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muhammad signed a 6 year $30 million dollar deal. I believe its less likely that they take Williams or Edwards. Maybe Derrick Johnson will be drafted by Bears?
redwing5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO, I like Johnson but they don't need a LB as much as they need a 2nd WR or a TE or a REAL RB.
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I conur. RB Ronnie Brown would be my choice, not because I don't like Williams(he's actuall my favorite of the draft), but because he is the most solid prospect at a much needed position for the Bears. WR is needed, but since the muhammad signing, it isn't as immediate as RB, especially with A train leaving. But if by some miracle Atrain decided to stay, I would rather have a year of A-train and Jones at RB with Muhammad and Williams, than Ronnie Brown with Muhammad and Terrell. I hope the Train sees this and changes his mind. He can be a part of a winning bears team, despite not being the star.
e16bball

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with GulfBayWarriors. I think the Bears will take Derrick Johnson, to complete a LB corps of Briggs, Urlacher, and DJ. That is pretty sick, and think about that D with a line of Brown, Harris, Williams, Ogunleye and a secondary of Tillman, Azumah, Vasher (nickel), Brown, and Green. Its a pretty tough and young group to say the least.

Grab some O-line help through the draft and probably a backup RB and maybe a 3rd round WR and thats a pretty good offseason, coupled with Muhammad. I don't think they will go for a WR in the 1st because not only have they already spent a ton on Muhammad already this offseason, but that would be 2 new starting receivers most likely, and that is not really good news for Grossman. Get a more developmental guy to be the 3rd receiver and let Terrell be #2. The guy is spotty, but he is very talented and would benefit from a wingman like Muhsin. If that doesn't work out next year, they could target a WR next year in FA or the draft. You have to build slowly. An huge influx of new players at any position isn't good for a team.

In that case, I see the top 10 possibly breaking down like this:
1. Rodgers
2. Brown
3. Smith
4. Johnson
5. C. Williams
6. Pac-Man/Rolle (i realize some people here are huge Rolle fans)
7. Edwards
8. Benson
9. M. Williams
10. James

Any opinions?
DABEARS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does everyone think that cleveland will take smith they will take d with crennel in there - rolle or johnson for them obviously.
e16bball

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland will take Smith b/c their only QB is a 31 year old backup called Kelly Holcomb. Luke McCown is clearly not the answer either. Crennel would LIKE to take defense, but why would he force it and reach for a CB or take a LB that doesnt fit their scheme?
redwing5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! Johnson with about 10lbs can go ANYWHERE in the 3-4. He is PERFECT. A great athlete can and will do well on the field.. Browns will pick Johnson and he will do great things.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16 -
you make a good point about controlled growth. That's why I say take the BPA. They had to draft a WR before sigining Moose. I think they have some flexibility now, although they do not have a 3rd rounder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: