Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Simms
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidendawg2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on trading down further if possibly, but if the deal is the 3 for Simms and the 6 (which, BTW, puts Simms value at that of a mid-second rounder, which seems to be about right), I'd take it.

As for who to take there, which blindside protection already there (as ditchdigger mentioned), perhaps Mike Williams if available, maybe someone like Dan Cody, perhaps a CB...

The possibilities are endless.

-Raiden
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but Chris Simms is not our future... Why give up more for something that's going to produce much less...
woodstock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of bringing in a 3yr quarterback in a trade for a late first day pick is not that bad. But I don't think Simms would work out for the Browns. He needs a lot of weapons to be productive.

What about J.T. O'Sullivan, to develope behind Holcomb?
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodstock wrote:
I don't think Simms would work out for the Browns. He needs a lot of weapons to be productive.

Antonio Bryant
Andre Davis
Dennis Northcutt
Kellen Winslow
Lee Suggs
William Green

I don't know what you consider a lot, but those are enough weapons to get the ATF snooping around. Just not enough to warrant another Waco.
ForeverCleveland08

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said ditchgigger, The truth is that we have many weapons, and HBs that have some damn good recieving skills. But i still do not want Simms. Im not saying my judgement is any better than Savages but i just dont think that he would properly suit or offense or what crennel will develop it into in the future. Simms' best bet is to stay where he is and learn, then eventually become starter and have a decent career. Now as far as the possibility of trading warren I am all up for that. He isnt going to be able to play NT or DE so why keep him? what i would love to see happen is trade him to Baltimore for Kemoeatu and pick up a 1st day draft pick too. Thats Whats Up
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt that Chris Simms will become a Brown... I doubt that he can handle the whether, because we will need a QB who is used to the cold and who can play in snow, etc.... I wouldnt mind seeing Rohan Davey, but that's unlikely too...
woodstock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know what you consider a lot, but those are enough weapons to get the ATF snooping around. Just not enough to warrant another Waco.

I wouldn't consider that a lot, or more to the point enough for Simms. Bryant, Nothcutt and Davis are solid guys, but they are number 2 receivers. Simms would need an elite go-to WR to even have a chance.

Also. I wouldn't put a guy like Simms behind the Brown's offensive line. He isn't exactly Michael Vick.
ForeverCleveland08

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryant will be our Elite WR.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antonio is a pretty fast receiver, with soft hands to catch anything thrown at him... the ball just has to get to him...
ForeverCleveland08

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldnt have said it better, we'll beef up our line this year and we'll see how good our QBs really are, then if they're bad then we get the top QB next year. Thats Whats Up
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I dont think we should draft a QB, because no QB that has played on this team, has gotten a chance to show that they can play football.. I thought Tim Couch was good, he just didnt handle pressure too well, and got upset at his recievers to much... If we just solidify our O-line, our QB (kelly holcomb) will pick some of these teams apart... This would also open up our running game because teams would back off, and change formations and we could throw Terrelle Smith in there to lead block and potentially have 2 1000 yard rushers... It's possible.. I think that these 2 backs can split the time... We should at least have one back get 1,000...
woodstock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good Offensive line isn't something you can put together instantly. It'll take some time, more than a year.

The Browns have a lot of holes, especially on defence where the personnel isn't there for the 3-4.

But adding Savage and Crennel is a real good start.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that, but we sure can improve much since last year....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: