Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is responsible for this??????
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spiderman84

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: WRONG, WRONG, WRONG Reply with quote

Well, I guess part of it is true, however you are missing the point. Look at all the teams that won with a great receiver (or 2). Rams (Bruce and Holt), Broncos (Rod Smith at the time), 49ers (Rice), and Cowboys (Irvin). The Rams also proved that you don't need a good defense to win a super bowl, it does help but not required. 32 mil and Moss is far better than 36 and no Moss. They could have created a great defense from the free agents and their existing players. Football is a team sport and every part of the team is important. If a team lacks in one area, then it needs to make up for it in another. Since the Vikings traded Moss for only Harris and a 1st rounder while they already had around 32 mil in cap room, they will be required to have a much better defense as a result. Moss is an ELITE receiver. He is the Jerry Rice of our team, with a bad attitude. Look at T.O., when he started winning in Philly it all changed and he was as happy as could be. True, the Vikings win more often than the 49ers, but Moss only expects the best because he is the best. Get Moss a good defense that can get a stop once in a while (and as a result, Vikes win games) and he'll be much more well behaved. I would be pissed too if my team lost to the Redskins w/o Portis.

Quote:
4. A receiving corps. ie. 3 starters more than good enough to win a Superbowl, can be paid with Mossís $9 Mill a year, leaving more for defense.

So, if you paid Moss 9 mil, wouldn't you have to pay 3 lesser players around the same to get less production and not dominate a game? Doesn't Philly have a superstar receiver, and they got to the big dance because of him. I realize that he was out in the playoffs before that, but the eagles were unstoppable with him. Once again, the Vikes could build a great defense with their already existing cap room.

Quote:
5. The necessity to throw deep a number of times in each game, significantly detracted from developing the diverse offensive game that the Vikings have the personnel for.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure that Moss makes the safeties respect him and the fact that he can score a TD on any given play. Now the safties can creep up and it won't be as easy for Culpepper. Remember how Culpepper was on pace to break Marino's records early in the year when he had Moss? Do you think that it is a coincidence that he slowed down after Moss got hurt? Not at all.

Harris is also not a great LB. He won't be anything special. He will be another decent or above average LB. Terrible trade. I think they should have kept Moss. If they HAD to trade him, get more from it. The Best WR in the league (yes he was ahead of T.O. before he got hurt) should be getting much more than what they got.
T0wer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense wins championships, not an individual.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: