Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who to the Vikes sign?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Who to the Vikes sign? Reply with quote

It seems most likely to me that if the Vikes don't sign a receiver that someone, like the Redskins, will hop over the Vikings and take William or Edwards, taking them both off the boards. I think McCombs was thinking get the extra pick, get rid of a head ache, and then sign one of the free-agent wide receivers. I would like to see them make a run at Burress, but I bet they sign either Houshmenzadah(sp), Mason, or Coles. If that is the case I think they probably robbed the Raiders because theyy would save more money and get an extra pick for a top corner such as Rolle. Imagine having Burress and drafting Rolle and a DT. That would make the Vikings tons better. But I must admit I don't like to see Moss go. But another thing, do you think it is possible that McCombs and the Vikings released the news to try and drive up the bidding? Because this gives other teams a starting point to go higher from. If that is the case I wouldn't mind seeing Moss going and getting more picks or Buchanon or something like that. But that is just a thought and probably wishful thinking.
Helter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can only hope ...
if it stays as it is , i think we are getting the bad end of the deal
trading a diamond for a piece of silver
UtBDan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Raiders would've denied reports if it was *just* to drive up the bidding.

However, they still have till March to get a better bid.

And Moss might've been a diamond, and the LB they got was worse than silver (lol), but the draft pick helps a lot and when you can sign someone who is almost as good as what you've lost only without the headache... it's fine.

I want them to sign Coles. Replace Moss with another speed reciever, keep the deep game open (even if its no longer worth the double team), let Burleson stay as the 1000 yard possesion #2 guy, trade a RB for a 2nd rounder and get the kicker, draft a defensive start with their first #1 and a dlineman with their second #1... seems to work out to me.
Vikings fan.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any team will pay much more than that for Moss........I am shocked that the Raiders are even paying that much.

They got porter who is pretty good and they have a GIANT hole at RB.

I personally think the Raiders are retarded. But hell being a Vikings fan I am more than happy.

and UtBDan....... Napoleon Harris is a lot better than you think. He had down numbers last year cause the raiders went to a 3-4 defense.... He will perform alot better in the 4-3...... and I personally would go for plaxico instead of coles.....6-5 with crazy ups....can't pass that up...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: