Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Givens?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boltfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Givens? Reply with quote

Has ANYBODY heard that AJ is interested in acquiring David Givens? In the Patriots forum they are talking about a report that will send givens here for our 28th pick.
T0wer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does san diego need another receiver?
superchargers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I've decided what I want the Chargers to do..keep both picks, use 12 on Spears, 28 on Poole, sign either Mason, Givens, or some other top receiver. Use the rest of the draft to add depth to our O-line. If anyone has objections to this let me know. Please provide good, logical reasons why or why not.
boltfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont get me wrong, there is no way in hell I want us to give up our 28th pick for any receiver, when we can get Mason. I just want to know if anyone has heard this rumor. If you go to the patriots forum they have a post discussing the trade.
Semperfidelis48

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superchargers - Spears and Poole are both good players, but I think there are better options. I agree with signing a WR through FA preferably Burress, but I doubt he will leave Pitt. My next option would be Mason, and my next and final option would be Coles. For some reason I have a feeling we are going to have a problem trying to get one of these guys though. If we don't get one of these guys I think our 2nd first round pick should be used for a WR if Williams or Edwards don't drop to us at 12, which I doubt they will. At 28 either Clayton, Williamson, or White should be available. If we sign a WR in FA then I think our first pick should be used on the BPA. Somebody that should have been a top 10 pick is going to end up dropping out of the top 10 and we have to take him, excluding qb and rb. Whether it is Rolle, Johnson, or Williams or Edwards, that should be our pick. With our second first round pick we should grab a DL. One of the Cody's would be great, Justin Tuck is also an option. Finally with our second round pick we should go for a linebacker, like either Morrisson or Blaystock (not sure about spelling). That would be my ideal offseason and it is what the bolts should try to do.
Semperfidelis48

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I forgot to say something. We also could get a safety with our second round pick. There are no premire safeties in this year's draft, but there are a bunch of good safeties. Someone will be available with our second round pick.
superchargers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, if edwards, williams, or DJ fall to us at 12 we should grab 'em. but the chances of that happening are very slim. I do believe that rolle will be there at 12 especially when adam jones runs a 4.3 at the combines.

If we decide to go rolle over spears i would be happy only if we decided to move jammer to FS. with the raiders now having porter and moss..and some other talented receivers..the chargers have to focus on NOT GETTING BEAT DEEP. this was a major problem for us last year and we can only address it by getting a good FS and a solid pass rush. we have a solid group of linebackers and shaun phillips will have a break out year in 05. what we need is a solid 3-4 de that will consume blockers so our olbs can get to the qb.

I'm sticking will spears and poole.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: