Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

can you give me a list of team needs in order of most important so i can make a good mock draft thanks
SHONUFF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: hawks Reply with quote

I would say either defensive end or linebackeris are they're top need
but I would say that if Mark Clayton falls to them they would jump on him considering there receiver perpensity for dropping balls.Alot of people say halfback,but considering mike Holmgrens ego they will not draft a halfback.That would be saying that Mo Morris is a bust and Mo was our second round pick 3 years ago.While Holmgren was GM still.Mo Morris is a
talent,but it looks like Alexander is getting the franchise tag.
SuperHawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I see our needs right about now. It's sort of a "Top 5" but since it's a little unclear who will stay and who will go in free agency, well, there's more than five here. It's all subject, of course, to trades, holdouts, injuries, free agency, arrests, drug violations, and a partridge and a pear tree.

1) MLB -- We simply cannot stop the inside run. Our MLBs are always out of place. They fill the wrong gap or they get glued to tackles. Even when they make tackles, it's usually too far downfield. I don't think Koutouvides is the answer-- he seems like he'll develop into a good 2nd guy but nothing more-- in fairness to Kout, he hasn't had much of a chance to start but he just doesn't seem to have what it takes. Other than Kout, what we have are strictly emergency backups. We need a two-down between-the-tackle run stopper or we're going to continue to be weak against the run.

2) DE -- (Only if we don't resign Okeafor), we're hurting here. Okeafor is way underrated. He has 16.5 sacks the last two years almost single handed, has a tremendous motor, and gets constant double teams.

3) OLB -- Brown is old and lacks durability. Simmons has good skills and lacks durability. Since 2002, these two guys have missed a ton of games. Neither can be counted on to play a full season...hey...how about half a season? Even when playing, they are often dinged up which slows them down even further. Brown is one hit away from retirement on any given play. We have some small fast backups, but they are mostly unknowns and seem to have their own durability questions.

4) CB -- (Only if we lose Lucas to free agency). Trufant is a little over rated on one side (all pro) but he is still very good. Lucas is a little under rated on the other side -- he might be better than Trufant. Taylor is Okay, but that is all. Lucas should be replaced if he is lost.

5) WR -- Wow. We have a ton of talent here. Not many WRs have more talent than Koren Robinson. But the guys head is just on another planet. He drops passes, he runs wrong routes, he takes plays off, he screws up blocks...and did I mention that he drops passes? We need a speed burner deep threat here who can catch.

6 RB -- (only if Alexander leaves) Thanks to the ridiculous decision to let Alexander have all the carries, Morris got only 30 runs all of last year, and is still mostly an unknown -- this is the equivalent of coaching malpractice when our front office knew all along that Alexander might not be here in 2005. Morris does seem to have good skills but he's not exactly big and durability could be a problem. Carter is an adequate runner but can't block and can't catch. He's strictly backup material. Morris might just be the answer, but we just don't know. Regardless, we need more depth.

7 OL Depth -- We have some good starters but, depending on who we re-sign, this could quickly become a problem. Womack is an under rated player who has played at both tackle and guard and he might test the free agent market. Tobeck and Gray are also FAs. Not to mention that Hutch will probably be gone next year. This area has been a strength the last couple of years but it could quickly become a weakness if not addressed.

Of course we could always use another TE, FB, DT, QB, S, and don't forget about punter. That's not even a joke. Each of those areas might be concerns too, just not quite what the main ones are above.
Birdman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB is the biggest need and then I would have to say RT. After that DT, DE and WR. Depth at G, CB, RB, and QB would be huge.

Rd.
1 Odell Thurman, ILB
2 Logan Mankins, G/T
3 Jason Campbell, QB
4 T.A. McClendon, RB
5 Trent Cole, DE/OLB
6 Eric Coleman, DT
SuperHawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdman wrote:
LB is the biggest need and then I would have to say RT. After that DT...

I do appreciate your comments.

I've heard this RT comment before. It could be that I don't know our situation there as well as I thought. Regardless, it puzzles me somewhat. I see Terry as being an average RT. I see him as being an above average run blocker, an average pass blocker against the power rushers, and perhaps a bit below average against the outside speed rushers. All in all, that isn't bad in my view. If we resign Womack, I see us as being in pretty good shape there. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us get another studd OT to play opposite Jones, but, I struggle to see that as one of our top needs. I will look into that further though.

In regard to DT. I think Tubbs should have a breakout year. He seems to have too much talent to do otherwise. But for his injuries and personal problems last year, I think he would have impressed some people. I look for him to have a good year.
hawkfan68

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that now that we have Jones, Hasselbeck, and Alexander (unless we trade him) in the fold. OT, QB, and RB are the least of our needs. If I were the GM, my priority list would be as follows:

1) MLB - Absolutely must be addressed. Three straight years with terrible run defense. Please stop the bleeding!!!!!!!

2) WR (one who can catch the ball consistently, a Brian Blades, Steve Largent, Paul Skanski type)

3) DL (I think Okeafor is a servicable starting DE so I'm thinking a backup DE/DT). I'm not sold on Craig Terrill, why is he on the team? They need to resign Rocky B badly.

4) KR - Someone who a threat for KO and Punt returns. Mo Morris isn't cutting it there.

5) FB - Hopefully Strong doesn't retire. He's a true stud and should of been in the Pro Bowl. As of Heath Evans, in my opinion is he's the exact opposite. A true "DUD". I read a report on ESPN about him, the comment made was he didn't like to block, only wanted to run and catch. Well from what I saw he didn't block, nor did run well, and everytime the ball was thrown to him, just like our receivers would drop the ball. Hmmm. Bye bye Heath! Best of luck, elsewhere.

6) OL - We have plenty of Offensive Lineman on this team. Mike Holmgren has stocked up the line with plenty of draft picks the last few years. Sean Locklear, Wayne Hunter, etc. If Terry is not all that great, well we still have Jerry Wunsch to back him up. Ol' reliable Womack is there to.
Birdman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have to look at it as a relative thing when talking about needs for a team that is talented but underachieving. When saying that S.F. needs an OT and saying Seattle needs an OT are two different things. I don't think that what the Seahawks have is that bad but as far as their team they could look to upgrade there before a lot of other positions. They need to get tougher on defense and I think they need to get competition for "Big Daddy" Womack and for Stubbs. I don't think that Wunsch is the answer as a fill-in. Did you see the right side of the line at the end of the playoff game. They weren't even slowing anyone down. The greatest leap on offense (other than their receivers catching the ball) would come from strengthening RT by pushing the current starter or upgrading. Wunsch cannot provide either for Womack. Same thing on defense...get a LB or two and then provide competition for the DTs. They either produce or get replaced. Just my opinion but could you imagine how good they would be with just those improvements on the right side of the O-line and at DT. Then also add LBs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: