Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Biggest Disappointment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dacoach13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Biggest Disappointment Reply with quote

just curious, which player was the biggest disappointment on the team last year?

in my opinion, i keep waiting to see why mike gandy is on an nfl roster. he is beaten badly for a big play at least once a game, usually at a critical time in the game. he might be an alright/marginal run blocker but i dont think that i have never seen a worse o-lineman in pass protection. if you guys want to keep tally, might be interesting

gandy-1
ta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, I am not one for ripping on quarterbacks, but the biggest dissappointment last year would have to be Jonathan Quinn. This guy was brought in as someone who has worked with and understands Terry Shea's offense. We, as fans, were tole that he was the guy that if Grossman went down could come in and run the offense successfully. When Grossman did go down, he was absolutely awful. I have never seen a professional athlete look that out of place on the playing field. Whether the blame rests on him, or on Terry Shea putting him in that situation, either way Jonathan Quinn has to be the biggest disappointment of last season.

gandy-1
quinn- 1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DABEARS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it has to be the young wrs - especially mr terrell. He finally got a chance to step it up but simply didnt. he is maybe not even the #2 reciever next year - the young guys just never realized they had to get open before they could get the ball thrown to him.

gandy - 1
quinn - 1
terrell - 1

oh yeah desmond clark he cant open - the qbs had no deep or short threats - TEs right now should catch more than 25 balls - especially in the chiefs system.

clark - 1
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add another vote for David Terrell- no explanation needed, jsut plain sucks

gandy - 1
quinn - 1
terrell - 2
Clark - 1
holla005

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest disappointment was Grossman and his injury. As soon as he went down I knew the season was over.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="holla005"]My biggest disappointment was Grossman and his injury. As soon as he went down I knew the season was over.[/quote]

I'll go you one better, holla. Earlier in that game, a pass interference penalty was called off after Mike Tice told the official that the pass had been tipped. The officials waived hte flag and the Bears had to punt from around their own 20. My biggest disappointment goes to Lovie not having the cajones to challenge the play. After all, if Tice only has to talk to the offficial to get his calls, I think Lovie needs to stand up to that. Replay confirmed the ball had not been tipped, and the DT pass interference would have put the Bears close to midfield. The game would never have been the same after that.

gandy - 1
quinn - 1
terrell - 2
Clark - 1
grossman - 1
lovie - 1
Bernie Mac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

Hey Guys

The whole damn offense is a disappointment.

1. Offesive Line
2. Desmond Clark
3. Angelo

P.S. The seson was over when the offense took the field in the first game.
Pdogg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The G.M. He is responsible for not only the worst ol in the nfl but also the worst wr's. That takes some skills

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: