Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

redskins releasing coles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Montana168

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: redskins releasing coles Reply with quote

i read on one of these threads that lavernious coles wants out of washington. here it is:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4179

what do u think of the niners grabbing coles out of FA? i think with all these FA WR's this year (burress , coles, and possibly muhammid) i think we need to be agressive and grab one of these guys. preferably coles or burress because muhammid is getting old. if we can grab one of these guys , we'll hav that speed no 1 WR that we need to get over the hump on offense.[/url]
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Burress isn't a speed guy, but Coles is. I'm not sure he fits the West Coast Offense though. I'd rather see us stick with the receivers we have, and let Jerry Sullivan (one of the best WR coaches in the game) see what he can get out of what we have before we spend big dollars on the position.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you will find that Coles is not a free agent so Skins will look to trade him.
MNorona

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coles is a great reciever with big play potential. The 'Skins said they would cut him if they couldn't trade him, but i think a lot of teams would be after his services. I'd think he'd be a great addition and Brandon Lloyd is a better #2 or slot reciever.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Lloyd is a #2...Woods will be the #1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: