You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reese is playing games.......

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titangreins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reese is playing games....... Reply with quote

IMO - Reese is using the media to play a little game with the agents of Carter, Miller, Rolle and Mason. Carter gets cut and he will not get anywhere near the $$ he will make even with a paycut in Tenn. Miller, overpaid older RT who loves to kill drives with his bonehead mistakes. Rolle is a very good corner but on the decline in his career. Mase may also be on the downhill slide. All obviously have massive cap numbers. I like all these players (exception of Miller) but Rolle and Mason will be the only two who will get alot of attention from other teams. I think Carter and Miller will stay, for sure.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may be right. If you read the article Wyatt never quotes a single person in the organization and never says where he got the info.
Mason was said he shocked by this. He said he was at a hospital and when he first read the paper and he had no clue about any of it. Some of the pieces just don't connect if you ask me. I could be losing my mind though.
Titans2004

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think that Rolle and Mason will not be on the team next yr, but they won't be cut. If Miller and Carter reach Reese's number then they can both still be around come march 1st and then we trade them both. We won't get great value for them but it will at least be something. If Miller and Carter don't reach Reese's number and he is forced to cut them then we can still keep Rolle by cutting Hall and Reynolds. We then trade Rolle for a 2nd or 3rd. I'd take a 2nd or 3rd rnd pick over Carlos Hall and Reynolds any day.
titans will return

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey we cant keep rolle if we cut hall and reynolds rolle i scheduled for like 9 million neither of them players make 1 million hall makes 900k and reynolds makes like 300k but i do think we need to trade rolle and mason either 3 scenarios

1.trade rolle and mason to either dallas or san deigo and get both 1st rd picks but that involves us giving a futurte 2nd rounder next year or a 3rd this year(but we should already have an extra 3rd this year anyways because of the freak)

2.trade rolle for a late 1st rd pick

3 trade mason for mid 2nd and either mid 3rd or early 4th
Burton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he is, although what would be the point of it? To scare the players into renogiating contracts? Thats the same attitude Parcells and Gibbs have it just doesn't work in the modern league. These guys would be happy to leave and get paid the same amount or more some where else.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
titangreins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Reese is playing games....... Reply with quote

titangreins wrote:
IMO - Reese is using the media to play a little game with the agents of Carter, Miller, Rolle and Mason. Carter gets cut and he will not get anywhere near the $$ he will make even with a paycut in Tenn. Miller, overpaid older RT who loves to kill drives with his bonehead mistakes. Rolle is a very good corner but on the decline in his career. Mase may also be on the downhill slide. All obviously have massive cap numbers. I like all these players (exception of Miller) but Rolle and Mason will be the only two who will get alot of attention from other teams. I think Carter and Miller will stay, for sure.

Should I eat the crow with or without the feathers?
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Greins I guess I should eat it with you. I tend to prefer mine without the feathers Laughing

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: