Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Simon for James

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VA Eagles Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Simon for James Reply with quote

I am new here and it is cool to read so much from knowledgeable and passionate Eagles fans. I was listening to John Clayton this morning talking about Edge. They plan to franchise him. Do you think it's possible to do a deal Simon for James straight up? Would either team do this and what is the difference in money? It seems to me that this would make the Eagles O more dynamic and strengthen a mediocre Colts D.

I would also definitely keep Westbrook and spend draft picks on offensive and defensive linemen. Maybe also a mid-round WR with speed.

I am curious to hear your feedback.
hype4bid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donít think its possible. The difference in franchise money would be a little over 2mil, assuming the Colts will be placing the franchise tag on James and not the transition tag. James needs to be on a team that can get him at least 20+ touches to be productive. Westbrook is the main man in Philly and I personally canít see James and Westy sharing time. Simon would be a great fit in Indy. He is exactly what theyíre looking for in a DT. A fast DT to compliment Freeny, because in their cover 2 scheme they rush only 4 rather then blitz the QB.

Last edited by hype4bid on Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ever heard the Simon for Rudi Johnson trade proposal(which is also crap). The Eagles don't need James and would more than likely have to give up more than just Simon to get him.
DJ Monster LB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would personally do this deal if offered. It would be great, slightly unfair to all the other teams in the league.
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would soften up the middle of our d-line even more!
if we had to trade simon for anyone it would be for a LB atleast.
edge and westbrook both need to have 15-20 touches a game each and they wouldnt be able to get that both playing on the same team

i see the eagles picking up a RB but i doubt someone of the calibur of edge, maybe a cheaper power back. i wouldnt mind us picking Najeh Davenport because hes the power we lack in our backfield and he wont demand starting RB money and would be good to use with westbrook.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: